Threaded Messaging

Taunting, Cheering and messaging within the app is fun, however only being able to see my friends messages to me and not my responses, makes the banter much less entertaining. Almost all IM, SMS, Skype and chat programs allow the user to see the entire conversation (both sides of it). Please Fix the Chat to show the full conversation!

Moderator Edit: Edited feature request title and added labels.

280 Comments
Beachlover2004
Recovery Runner

I really love being able to message friends but wish that there was a way to see the whole discussion or an IM type feature.

Gandhi
Distance Runner

Beach Lover 

I alos really would want that 

It would help a lot

Silverfire
Jogger

I'd like to suggest showing sent and recieved message history! Not being able to see what you sent someone can create problems, like when they don't respond right away and then you've forgotten what you said in the first place!!

AUTMNE
First Steps

Hope this feature is updated soon! It's frustrating when someone responds and you can't see what they're responding to.

carol330
Jogger

I have the same issue.   Replies to messages are useless unless you can refer to the question.  Hope this is updated soon!.

danitza617
Jogger

i think messages should be more like chats/text msgs instead of just being able to see the last thing written by your friend. Also it would be nice to see the caloric defict/add at a glance; i could do the math but having it there would be nice

Walkersworld
First Steps
I totally agree. I am so frustrated with this. My friends are busy and lots of times they can't respond until a day or to later. I ALWAYS have to ask them what was it I said because I do not remember MY message that I sent!!!!!! This is by far a most frustrating issue.
MrsBeastman
First Steps

I would like to be able to see messages that I send to friends. It's difficult to have a conversation when I can only see what they've sent me. Sometimes I forget if I've replied or not, and have probably sent the same message again.

moderator edit: title

Smk2u71
Jogger
I agree and would like the ability to delete messages as well!
CMAHERBERT
First Steps
I'd like to see the messages between friends updated.
Where we can see both sides of the message
KJ-C
Walker

Yes! I'm a new user & was very surprised to find that I couldn't reference the messages that I'd sent to see what I had already shared with someone.

walksalot
Tempo Runner

@Silverfire wrote:

I'd like to suggest showing sent and recieved message history! Not being able to see what you sent someone can create problems, like when they don't respond right away and then you've forgotten what you said in the first place!!

I have also asked to be able to have this. I sometimes have conversations with a few people at a time and sometimes find it hard to remember what I said to who. I agree it's even harder to remember what you said the next day when you send messages to several friends. Or even just one.

LexieD
Recovery Runner

I also agree, and was about to ask for the same thing.  My friends and I are sending messages, but because we can't see the whole conversation, following what we are asking and answering is proving tricky, especially for those of us chatting with several different friends in a day, and not getting instant replies.  Please can the techs look into allowing us to see the whole conversation between friends?  Something similar to Facebook's messaging would be amazing if you can manage it.

Pretty please with a cherry (or fruit of your choice) on top.

Regards.

Lexie

kapgar
Jogger

When you click "message" after swiping a user's name in the iOS app (I can only assume it works similarly on Android and Windows), please show the entire to/from message history including emoticons.

Moderator Edit: Corrected labels

CrutchB
Jogger

I would like to see the original message that I sent to a friend when they respond back because I often forget what message I have sent to who.

Luvthebeach
Recovery Runner

I agree!!

Status changed to: Under Consideration
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Great feedback about messaging! Our team is taking a closer look at this idea. As soon as we have an update, we'll be sure to post here. 

Dennis13k
Recovery Runner

Yep, can I please add me to this list? It can be soooo embarrassing for so many different reasons why being able to see the conversation is vital.

i hate to sound impatient, but how come its take almost all of 2014 to update this? No doubt there's some work involved, but surely it can't be as demanding as including the exercise tracker. Which I might add is a fantastic addition, and also about time! 

Overall though, thank you for a fantastic product!

dennis

1Melissa
Base Runner

The Fitbit communication format with friends is incredibly antiquated and needs a serious upgrade.  A chat format is needed.  There are no records of messages I send to friends -- I cannot commit to memory every message I send.  The little bubble with the character limit is right out of the early '90s.  Sometimes people have to send four or five bubble messages just to get their thought across. Thanks. 

cbaligaya
First Steps
Is there a way to see a message thread? After I send a message or somebody sends one to me, it would be nice to see the thread. Thanks.
KarinP
Runner

Yes, I totally agree.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hey Fitbit folks.   Can we get this thread going again ?  It's still very confusing having a talk on the app.  

vickiashby
First Steps

I have opened a case today with this number 0407304  I have now done the test with dongle and cable and it does not sync or register with computer. I need some one to get back to me on what is next.

sunday I spoke to someone on the phone and they were to email me. Did not happen Monday I emailed you and I still do not have a response.

Could someone help me my fitbit Force has not synced since october. My family said to talke to you and you can either help me of replace it. Please let me know what to do now.

Vicki

ejforster
First Steps

Also I would like to be able to send pictures.

Of food, proof I am excercising etc to my friends.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

On the Surge notifications, how about a notification on the watch for when you get Fitbit messages in your inbox?

Moderator edit: Labels added

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.