Threaded Messaging

Taunting, Cheering and messaging within the app is fun, however only being able to see my friends messages to me and not my responses, makes the banter much less entertaining. Almost all IM, SMS, Skype and chat programs allow the user to see the entire conversation (both sides of it). Please Fix the Chat to show the full conversation!

Moderator Edit: Edited feature request title and added labels.

280 Comments
vlntna
Recovery Runner

It is frustrating to not have a Message Inbox where I can see conversations (both parties messages and replies), and also others cheering for me, but cheering I have done for others. Sometimes I would like to go back and review past conversations so that I may support and/or encourage a friend regarding something we have discussed earlier.  This would be an AWESOME NEW FEATURE!  Smiley Happy

Pedro_J
First Steps
I requested an upgrade to the friends messaging system more than 6 months ago and there has been no sign of any upgrades to date. Yet if you message through the challenge system you see both sides of the conversation, the only drawback is it is a public conversation!!!

Peter Johnson
edmondchoi
First Steps

From both the Fitbit app and the web browser, we cannot see "sent" messages or threaded responses.  Threaded responses would be helpful when reviewing a conversation.

edmondchoi
First Steps

I can't believe this is still not implemented yet, after 16 months of being under development.  Come on, Fitbit, it's time STEP UP to the challenge!

stevecaks
Jogger
Also would like to see my responses. Us old guys (and gals) don't usually remember what we wrote back. If someone responds, I often forget the context of MY response. I really look forward to having this feature added in a future update (Android, iOS, and PC, please!). I know these requests are often more difficult than they seem, so I'll try to be patient! .
Pedro_J
First Steps
It was requested almost a year ago and still no action!

Peter Johnson
KCSteps
First Steps
I agree! What is the holdup? Here it is 2015 and we still can't see entire conversation! Please fix this!
SusiB60
Recovery Runner

I can't believe that something as fundemental as this has been requested for 17 months and ignored!!!!!    Come on fitbit!!!

alley76cat1
Stepping Up
I agree. This is a VERY BASIC FUNCTION  on ANY website. Why fitbit can't manage it,I don't know. Clearly our opinions don't matter. Perhaps we should take our business elsewhere if this isn't resolved soon. I got mine from kohls and kept the box and receipt . they have a return at ANYTIME policy with no questions asked. I love the fitbit,but there are other products out there that do the same and companies that listen. I'm giving them 3 months then I'm returning my fitbit and using a different brand. If they don't listen to the buyers of their products , then why should we buy from them?Sent from my LG G2, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
HotToddy
Recovery Runner
Add ability to keep messages you send to others even if they don't immediately respond.
FiT4EvA
First Steps

I would love to see the two way messaging feature available soon.  Fustrating getting responses to not remember the message they are responding to. 

Karthikraja
First Steps
Please it's been so long this feature is under consideration and I believe there were updates. It's not difficult and it's simple. Please do it
EmilyBossWitch
First Steps
I would love it if I could see what I have said in response to friends' messages!!!! It is so frustrating to not have a record of sent messages when I know fit bit has stored them on my friends' devices. Surely it can't be too difficult to implement this change?
Campanologist
Jogger

My Charge HR doesn't count the stairs I climb, otherwise working well.  Is there anything I can do?  I climbed at least 12 flights yesterday and it only counted 2 flights.

Leala
Stepping Up

I agree with EmilyBossWitch. It would be extremely helpful to see conversation history with friends. Sometimes I can't remember if I told someone something and I don't want to repeat information. Also, I sometimes get replies to a message from friends a while after I sent it, and I can't remember what they're talking about in they're reply!

BJParker
First Steps

This thread started in January 2014 .. it's almost January 2016. I don't think they are going to change anything. 

Ninahoo
First Steps
I don't think so either. But if you do challenges you can see all the comments.

Sent from my iPhone
fiftyeight
Base Runner

Let me add my name to those requesting to see my 'sent messages' as well as my received ones. Please!

Jamon9
First Steps
It seems pretty basic in an app that this should be expected. What if my friend replies days later and I don't remember what I said? My guess is this has been requested already, but you never know. Lol
Connexus
Recovery Runner
I have aging relatives who have started using Fitbits. They have memory issues, and it is essential for them to be able to see the full conversation thread, not just the messages they received. Otherwise they can't keep track of the conversation thread. This is a very basic feature of every messaging app out there - you need to make it work for Fitbit users!
Connexus
Recovery Runner
We users need to be able to see both sides of messages threads, not just the messages we receive. My aging uncle is a new Fitbit user and his memory is not perfect. If he can't see both what HE said as well as what his friends said, it is very confusing. Please fix the app so users can see both incoming and outgoing mesages so the Fitbit app is more friendly to users of all ages.
TiberiusKaliope
First Steps

I do think this is not going to happen! We've been posting for a year and a half! Yes! In almost every other forum, you are able to see sent AND received! Please make this a priority! I find that I am inquiring friends if they have received my responses! I find myself switching to iMessage instead! Too confusing!

Connexus
Recovery Runner

It would be so great if you could decide to ADD this feature instead of just considering it. It's really important and would be appreciated by many users - including all of my Fitbit friends!

sammygabriel
Recovery Runner

I would like to see the entire conversation in messaging!!

Connexus
Recovery Runner
So what's the timeline for adding this basic feature that users have been requesting for many months if not years? In guessing that it can't be that hard since every other messaging app manages to do it. It's time, already!
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.