Tile to Track menstrual Cycle

More of a suggestion to Fitbit than a question - it'd be really nice to have a tile that helps track menstrual cycles since they're so tied to a woman's body, weight, food cravings, mood etc.

Moderator edit: title for clarity.

265 Comments
Miselenaeous
First Steps

I'm totally flabbergasted that Fitbit doesn't integrate with any existing period tracking apps. I started tracking my period a decade before there were smartphones; not being able to log period info with the rest of my body data is a baffling omission.

burns_erin
Tempo Runner

Basically, I wish they could take the Spot on App and just roll it in. BC reminder, period tracker, mood, etc. Or at least let us port that data in.

Transform_Tess
First Steps

It would be great to add a period tracker. Fitbit could also market it as a great feature for women.

Starlight205
Jogger

Hello Fitbit team! 

It would be helpful to have a female monthly cycle log option;) thank you! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

@Starlight205 wrote:

Hello Fitbit team! 

It would be helpful to have a female monthly cycle log option;) thank you! 

that's discrimination and inequality between gender

in this case, i want to log my male hormones levels Man Happy

Starlight205
Jogger

Mr. DuboisP, 

That's an excellent idea, sir! 

Happy New Year! 

RhyiRhyi
Jogger

This is a great idea and I second this! There are so many apps that offer this feature that are quickly gaining users and popularity- it would make sense to incoorporate into the Fitbit Wellness Dashboard. 

synisterchyck
First Steps

I agree. A woman's cycle is a prime indicatior of her health. I shouldn't have to have two apps to track my health. It makes perfect sense to have my fitness tracker also allow me to monitor my cycle.

kdwmed
First Steps

I would loooove to see a period tracker added to the fitbit app...I got the charge 2 for christmas, and it replaces all of my health apps except for a period tracker.  Just a calendar track would be great to start, but tracking fertility and length of cycle would be great.

Dillfin
Keeping Pace

We have been asking for this feature for almost 3 years now! What gives fitbit?!? 

EvinLeigh
First Steps

Theres a great app called 'P Tracker' (has a white background with a redish/pickish cartoon flower as the app icon.

It works GREAT and then Fitbit wouldnt have to waste time tending to only us females - instead can give us all a feature we could use!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Since both exercise and diet can greatly impact menstrual cycles and related symptoms I'd much prefer to track everything in one place, which should make it easy to maximise insights to be gained from the data. Whichever company finally puts all this stuff into one system, with an elegant and clean user interface, and some well designed, discreet, reliable devices should have a run away success on their hands. 

NancyPat
Runner

If FitBit is going to do this - it would also be helpful to be able to download the cycles for the year. This would help in communicating effectively with Doctors (and medical assistance of all kinds) in dealing with cycle irregularities and eventually menopause.  Just another product innovation which could help with overall wellness 🙂 Thanks!

Poopsie.Daisy
Recovery Runner

I've only had my Fitbit 48 hours and I've been hunting around for a link to a period tracker app and one with some sort of functionality to record how I'm feeling. I'm surprised and disappointed not to have found them and to have found a community discussion thread that goes back as far as this one does with no apparent reply or comment from developers or a moderator in such a long time. 

I woke up with a mild headache and a bit of a sore throat. I'd like to note them somewhere, maybe the headache is related to my menstrual cycle, or maybe I'm coming down with a cold. Who knows. 

Fitbit, please add a few tiles for women's health, mental health, physical wellness or make some connections with apps that do these things. I seriously considered purchasing a Leaf for about a year, but decided to try a Fitbit instead. I like it so far, but it feels like you're missing a pretty golden opportunity to really improve health and wellness tracking for half your demographic. 

Dillfin
Keeping Pace

The Clue app now has FitBit intergration, But only for Heart Rate monitering, and you can't see the data in the app it looks like it is taken into account behind the scenes.

It's a step closer, but not all the way there.

DCMom2
Runner
Clue app seems to be the closest to integration. Contact them to tell them of your interest. They can pressure Fitbit with interest from their users.
I don't think Fitbit pays any attention to this topic for their own app. It would be costly and time-consuming and might not sell more devices. 
They need one or more branded period/womens health tracker apps. Clue is my favorite. Mostly because it's not pink and it has useful info on data tracking. Like "why track your acne..."
I've used it to educate my husband on things like the 200+ symptoms of PMS/PMDD. 🙂  He likes the app as well. 
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Bam9
First Steps

I'm actually surprised this isn't already a part of the Fitbit tracking, but please consider adding it. From young women to menopausal women, many of us rely on a tracking methods or apps to record cycle dates, track symptoms, etc. It feels like it could be an easy and very helpful addition!

sbug10
First Steps

Yes Please! 

gemb148
First Steps

Would be great if you could add a menstrual cycle tracker into the app so users can see if their activity changes during different times of their cycle.

I wonder why there's no action taken on this suggestion. Please don't say Fitbit developers are all male and have no clue about how important period cycle is for women's body and health. It affects every aspect of our daily lives including activities and diet. Please add this function. 

FitMinx
Recovery Runner

Astonished that this has been asked for, commented on, requested, moderated etc for three years and there's still no function for tracking menstrual cycles within FitBit or even an app which will integrate. Completely shocking and not at all acceptable.

Women must be a huge part of your user base, menstrual cycles are a huge part of our lives and affect exercise, food, hydration, sleep, mood - everything. Do you have your fingers in your ears going 'lalalala not listening!!' because you find it a bit icky or something?

C'mon. Get on it.

Dillfin
Keeping Pace

Why has this not happend yet??

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Integrating cycle info with weight info would also be helpful.  

EEHowell
First Steps

Please add a "Women's Health" tile. It would benefit us greatly to track all our health in one place. Having a memstrual tracker would be amazing!

FitMinx
Recovery Runner

Don't know why such a fundamental thing for 68% of your users is taking so long to action - there have been endless requests for this on the forum, and many good apps which you could link up with. C'MON!!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.