Tile to Track menstrual Cycle

More of a suggestion to Fitbit than a question - it'd be really nice to have a tile that helps track menstrual cycles since they're so tied to a woman's body, weight, food cravings, mood etc.

Moderator edit: title for clarity.

265 Comments
SarahMichelle
First Steps

yes yes yes!! this is a great idea. all in one, whole body fitness app 🙂

Mayisuazo
First Steps

Surely It can't be that hard to add a menstrual tracker.  Seems like this should be an easy fix if you truly cared about what at least 50 %of your target customer is requesting.

LadySource
First Steps

Yes! Menses cycle stats would be awesome. 

janicefineman
First Steps

As a girl I know being on your period affects everything in a woman's body. You burn more calories, you are very tired, you need more water etc. I was thinking FitBit could sync with the period tracking app Clue. It keeps track of how you are feeling, and how things are going. With this, maybe there could be a section on the FitBit app where it suggests specific workouts that are affective and better for a woman to do while she is on her period. I know many women don't exercise on their period due to their exhaustion and side effects so this would be very helpful. I think some settings (calories, water intake, weight) and goals should change for a person when they are on their period because the body is doing so much more than usual.

Let me know what you think! 

WhiteWatters
First Steps

I second all these ladies comments! I am depating on a new device and there is one that has an integrated cycle tracker in it's app that is very appealing. I would miss the socail aspect of the fitbit app though. Wish I could have both!

Ceedly
First Steps

@WhiteWatters Can I ask which device you're looking at that has the app with the integrated tracker? Thanks!

Ceedly
First Steps

I can't believe FitBit hasn't done this yet - I am still boycotting until they do! 

DCMom2
Runner
I'm not ready to boycott, but I would buy MORE from fitbit if they integrate with existing app Clue. It's the most effective and informative app for me personally and my healthcare providers. And it doesn't have pink graphics or cutesy flower symbols. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
DCMom2
Runner
I looked at Leaf by Bellabeat. But for me personally, it's not practical.  Too bulky for my teeny wrist (I love Alta!), no clock, period tracker is just flow, not detailed and holistic like Clue with mood, skin reactions, medications, lifestyle, etc.  Also, I'm not interested in guided meditation via app.
It's not subtle and not my style preference. 
I love my Alta. If Fitbit can integrate with Weight Watchers and water bottles, it should be able to integrate with Clue and its 10 million downloads.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
alii98
First Steps

I think that it would be a great idea to have a menstrual cycle tracker. This would be a great add-on because it could help see cause and effect with exercising, water intake, as well as food consumption. This could show correlations to how you are doing before, during, and after the menstrual cycle related to other aspects of your health. The features that would be the most useful within this would be mood, blood flow, crqam

Murf-V
Jogger

GREAT suggestion!  Oh my goodness.  Could you also set it up so it notifies my husband with the message "remember, she's not herself"  tee hee hee. But seriously, I think adding this as an option to my dashboard would be great... I can really get a holistic understanding of my health. Hats off the lady who recommended it!  

Ezahm
First Steps

I would love to eliminate the cheesy app I have to track my period, and be able to keep track of my cycle in conjunction with my weight, steps, eating etc.  having that option pop up on my dashboard would be a nice little reminder that when I gain a few extra pounds once a month, not to beat myself up. It's just aunt flow coming to visit. 😏

Gauglema
Stepping Up

I'd like to see a summary of my menstrual cycle in the Fitbit app, and be able to import my data from Fitbit into more third party period tracking apps. The fact that a feature that plays such a signifant role to the health of so many of your users is surprising and frustrating, to say the least. 

thegr8chalupa
First Steps

I've seen a number of suggestions to add features to track your cycle within Fitbit, but I'd be equally satisfied (maybe even more so) with app integration. There are some amazing apps out there that do this today, but it would be TREMENDOUSLY helpful for female users who still have to toggle data between two apps and cross reference any trends. (Wouldn't it make sense to see if there are any correlations?) 

This will be a must for me eventually, but I understand where the technology is so far. Ideally, it'd be great to have a temperature reading feature like heart rate so I can see what my BBT is passively. (Seriously, figure this out, and I would pay double what I did for my Blaze). 

thegr8chalupa
First Steps

Looks like it isn't a new suggestion. (Many go back to 2014?!)

I track my cycles today using an app called Kindara. It's awesome - please explore options to add an app integration feature for your female customers. We all have different reasons for doing so, but at the heart of monitoring our cycles we are monitoring our health. It would give you a huge advantage in the market and you would have dynamic support for doing so.

Please add.

SylvanasF
Recovery Runner

I just want to bump this as it's such a basic and useful idea. I'm struggling to understand why it hasn't already been implemented. 

I currently use 'my calendar' to track my cycles and mood. This also  helps with tracking my mental health. It would be so much more useful for tracking both menstrual cycles and mental health if I could compare these to my activity, weight, diet and sleep.

I understand that fitbit may be worried about putting men off but it would be simple enough to hide the menstrual tracking section in the app and a mood tracker that is simple and private could really help a lot of men too.

Dillfin
Keeping Pace

Apparently Clue app now has Fitbit integration, But(!) it only takes into account your fitbit heart rate and nothing else. It is one step closer but still lacking a huge part of 50% of the population's normal body health. 

Saturnq
Jogger

HeartMenstrual tracking is integral to the physical health of all women!!! I would like to see options to enter menstrual cycle info, mood, energy level,  and then pull reports every month comparing my activity level with where I'm at in my cycle. valuable info!! Please update fitbit app!!!

J-Dawg
First Steps

As a woman, there is no getting around the health/mood/activity/eating habits effects from our menstruation cycles. Tracking cycles would be such an invaluable feature as FitBit would be representing 50% of the population! I thought the section about menstruation cycles would simply pop up after selecting "female", but I was disappointed to find that there was no such feature.

I have since downloaded the Clue app, which has FitBit integration. It's a great little app to pair with FitBit, but I'd love to see a native component, too.

Mijablo
First Steps
I have tryed the clue app but cant get it intergrade it with fitbit

Outlook voor Android downloaden
knitonepugtwo
Recovery Runner

Count me among the many who would like to see my fitness tracker incorporate a menstrual tracker that I can overlay with my weight and exercise graphs!!!!

sbug10
First Steps

It absolutely amazes me that the only response Fitbit seems to have provided is a comment from over 2 years ago. Fitness trackers users are estimated to be around 55% women. 

knitonepugtwo
Recovery Runner

My guess is the problem isn't the number of female fitbit users but the number of female developers & decision makers. 

sbug10
First Steps

I think you are probably right. Frustrating. 

Rentaduckie
First Steps

This. I don't want two health apps. I want to be able to see my activity level and how it corresponds with my cycle. I can't believe this doesn't exist. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.