Tracking Exercise w/GPS: Horseback Riding - Horse Riding -

I would like horse riding to be trackable by GPS same as running or walking.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

12 Comments
sihunter
First Steps

Competing and training in endurance I need to know what pace I am currently doing and what distance I have covered and therefore what distance is remaining.  At the minute I have to track on another app on my phone and the have to get phone in and out of pocket to check on progress.  It would be much easier if I could just glance at my watch and see my pace and know if I need to speed up or slow down to be within my specified finish time or closest to optimum time.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @sihunter, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to track horseback riding and  horse riding with GPS. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Tigerrlyli
First Steps

@YojanaFitbit Please do a search for this request in your community. I found several comments from 2015 to current where this is requested. I am currently looking for a new tracker and, quite frankly, may end up going with a competitors product simply because this isn’t a feature for yours. 

GallopingGranny
First Steps

Completely agree, and make horse riding a selectable activity.

Livetoride
First Steps

I completely agree as well. Horse riding should be added as an activity. I have several horsey friends who have a Fitbit.

GallopingGranny
First Steps
🏇
Btumbleson
First Steps

I was really upset to find that horseback riding wasn't an exercise option on my new Fitbit. Horseback riding is pretty much my only exercise I consistently do. It's an option on Samsung/ LG/ and apple health apps. Please give us equestrians a way to track our rides instead of counting it as a run.

Luemun
Jogger

Please add horseback riding! I just got my Charge 5 yesterday and was so surprised to see that there's no option for logging horseback riding. 

Moonkiwi
Jogger

I don’t ride perhaps as often as everyone else, but I would love a GPS selectable feature that doesn’t count my horse’s steps as my own. Please add this!

Amandaw13
First Steps

Hi, 

I just received my Charge 6 and am disappointed that horseback riding is not an exercise option.

Like other commenters,  most of my exercise is from horseback riding. I'm now searching for a different activity tracker that better aligns with my exercise and plan to return my Fitbit. 

Horseback riding is a common activity and as another poster noted,  has been a requested addition by many people over many years. 

Equestrian2
First Steps

Please add horseback riding to the exercise shortcuts list.

AB717
Jogger

I would also like to have a horseback riding exercise option. In order to track a horseback riding exercise, I have to have my watch auto-detect a walk (which incorrectly attributes steps to my activity for the day and throws off my true stats) then I have to log into my dashboard via my computer to change the auto-detected exercise because I am unable to change it in the fitbit app. I have a Sense 2 and an iPhone (all updated). This has been very frustrating and makes riding exercises hard to track so I'm considering changing to a different watch since my last watch of a different brand did a much better job tracking non-traditional exercises like mountain biking, climbing, backcountry skiing and skinning, and horseback riding.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.