Turn off quick view when I'm sleeping (or at customizable times) aka 'Night Mode'

I love the quick view feature however when I'm sleeping I tend to wave my arms around which activates the display which sometimes wakes me up, especially if my wrist is close to my face.

My fitbit knows when I'm sleeping as it tracks my sleep so how about having the capability to disable quick view automatically whilst I'm sleeping, in fact don't even have it as a selectable option just don't trigger quick view when my fitbit knows I'm sleeping.

Moderator Edit: Edited suggestion title.

1,420 Comments
Gasatict
Recovery Runner
AnnetteFit,
Thanks for the clarification.
I wish at least your Charge 3 had that basic “display off” function update. Might restore some faith.
We sure could use some good news from Fitbit aside from product launches.

Sent from my iPhone
AnnetteFit
First Steps
Gasatict,
You’re welcome and thanks. My Charge 3 already had the ‘turn display off’ option when I bought it. 🙂
For me the main problem is that the screen wakes me up when it lights up after ‘anything’ touches it during the night (even with the deactivated screen). Time indeed for Fitbit to send out an update with the much asked for option; ‘turn screen off until/unless side button is pressed’.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Beelady11
Recovery Runner
I have a Charge 3 and it lights up like a disco all night, no matter what I
switch on or off.
There are plenty of complaints about this online. Fitbit have simply been
ignoring the problem through many iterations of their products.
I put a section of tubigrip around my wrist which dims the display.
I won't buy another gadget from this company. They're useless.
JohannR
First Steps

I think the minimum requirement would be to have a 'do not disturb' option with time slots to define and/or auto activation when sleep is detected.

My previous Garmin Vivosmart 3 had that "dnd" option and it worked very well!

miyuu
Jogger

i have downloaded and installed the latest firmware update thinking yes, maybe they have listened to their customers ..... but no, they haven't.  There is no change to the screen issue we face here. There is still no night mode. The screen lights up like a beacon whenever you move, the sheet touches the device, etc... it's horrendous. 

Furthermore, there is no way to access the "activate screen"  function on the Charge 3 when Fitbit Pay is activated. 

When you have Fitbit Pay activated the "activate screen" does not appear when I hold the side button for a second. When you hold the side button down the pin-code required screen is displayed. 

This whole experience sucks, whenever my friends ask about getting a Fitbit i let them know all of these issues! 

It would be a simple thing to fix this issue and have thousands of happy 'brand ambassadors' (customers) but no, Fitbit don't give a flying fig about their customers. 

gmc505
Recovery Runner
I feel the same. Also with NEW update Sync isn’t working correctly

Sent from my iPhone
AnnetteFit
First Steps
miyuu,

The good news; there is a way to access the "activate screen" function on the Charge 3 when Fitbit Pay is activated. Hold the side button, until Fitbit Pay appears. Then swipe left and the options to "activate screen" and “activate messages” will appear.

The BAD NEWS; unfortunately there’s still NO NIGHT MODE. And, as you wrote, the screen still lights up like a beacon whenever you move, the sheet touches the device, etc... it's horrendous! I agree and tell all my friends who are interested in Fitbit about this issue as well.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Ray175
Jogger
For an item that tracks when your sleeping- surely it should automatically dim down?! It’s not rocket science!

Regards

Ray

Sent from my iPhone
marinkasf
First Steps

As I've seen in other devices I definitely would like to see the option in Fitbit to be able to mute the screen for period of time (during the night - be able to set the start and end time like 8pm-7am) so it doesn't wake up with hands move and flash bright light and wake up the user (me) 🙂 Thank you very much for consideration.

Tteutsch
First Steps

I agree with the others, please add a nighttime setting.  I love the sleep data, but I’m a restless sleeper and find there are nights I have to take my ionic off because it lights up so often it impacts my sleep.  I can negatively impact my sleep just fine on my own, without the help.  Thanks!

TomZBomb
First Steps

I totally agree with this, I don’t sleep whilst wearing my Fitbit anymore because the light from the screen is so irritating, so I’m glad that you have put this on the feature suggestion 

Autumnsappless
First Steps

I would love a Do Not Disturb kind of thing for the Versa. This do not disturb would be for waking the versa. A lot of the times, my versa will just randomly come on as I’m sleeping, so it would be nice to have a “do not disturb” function where I would have to manually press the button during a certain set of hours. Outside of those hours, I would be able to just use the wrist turning mechanism

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Autumnsappless, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

anderl_n
First Steps

Please enable a way that the screen stays dark during the night (when moving during sleep) as it is still quite bright. Maybe add scheduling and enable screen when button is pressed rather then auto lighting up when wrist is being moved.

moonbunny
First Steps

I support this. I would like to be able to keep the screen from randomly lighting up, please! Turning "screen wake" off is not doing it.

PhiloPharynx
Recovery Runner

People have been asking for a night mode where the display is dim or off during certain hours for over 4 years now.  Either they haven't cracked this incredibly difficult problem or they don't think that it's important.  

anderl_n
First Steps
It's a shame as it would seem to be an easy thing to do. All we can do is
to keep asking I guess. lol
JohannR
First Steps
That's exactly what I'm doing with this post 🙂

Keeping asking and hoping that someday they will realize that a sleep
monitor CANNOT be at full brightness at night - it has no sense at all !

Seems they don't use their own products ^^
CPANinjaDoug
Jogger

The frustrating part of this is that the software DOES have the ability to suppress notifications during quiet hours. Seems like it'd be a no-brainer to turn off the screen during those same hours (requiring one to physically push in the button to see it)

Fabianyeo
Jogger

Please add this feature on the Inspire HR too. I find it too bright at night

Paula001
First Steps

Please add a 'sleep' or 'hide' mode so the display doesn't like up when I'm sleeping. Or even at night when I go to check on the baby, then my watch flashes and bam, baby is awake 😞

Gasatict
Recovery Runner
Over 7,000+ requests to turn off screen view pop up while sleeping.
No action by Fitbit to resolve this customer dissatisfaction.
No scheduled attention by Fitbit on the horizon that I have seen.
Very disappointed.

Sent from my iPad
Deb_T
First Steps

A 'blue light' feature for pre set hours at night like my tablet would be really good.

Chenpeng
First Steps

I suggest it could add a setting for sleeping times. then during it, just close the quick view. it should be simple

Bigtoepfer
Jogger

Still waking me up.  Something that is supposed to track sleep shouldn't wake you up.

I don't want a scheduled quickview.  I want the screen to be off unless I press the button on my charge 2.  I set quickview off but that doesn't work.  Still waking me up at night.

Come on Fitbit.  In the help group you say make a vote.  Seems the people have spoken.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.