USB-C port for the next fitbit smartwatch

Please, for the love of god, switch to USB-C port instead of your custom one. It would be nice to not have to worry about forgetting my charging cable at home.

10 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion @cernoiu.theo!

ANonyMouse
Premium User
Powerwalker

This needs a whole lot more votes! I greatly dislike how every Fitbit product has their own, unique charging cable. Make one charging cable for all of them. Only the Fitbit Flyer has the USB-C charging cable, and that cable is beyond short. I lost it, which made me so glad it was USB-C so I didn't have to buy a new one specific for the Flyer.

USB-C charging cables!

Heart

gtg947h
Strider

Sounds like a great idea, so long as it's still waterproof that way.

Better yet, make it possible to sync via cable as well. 

Bc99
Jogger

Using a USB-C cable would mean Fitbit would have to give up space in the tracker's body just for the charging port. A lot of Fitbit's proprietary chargers use a row of pins, which contact the backside of the watch. This is low-profile and possibly lets Fitbit engineers cram in more electronics.

cernoiu.theo
Recovery Runner

New technologies (or smaller hardware) emerge every single day so having to make compromises regarding hardware shouldn't really be an issue.

Having it as a feature suggestion doesn't hurt tho. 🙂 

One can only hope!

Bc99
Jogger

Yes! I lost my old charge 2's cable and had to buy another one. I hope i dont lose my Versa cable now Smiley LOL

Jaymark
Jogger
I see this is quite a popular request.
It would be a cheap and easy fix but since time has moved on with more USB C type sockets it would be forward thinking to introduce this for convenience.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jaymark, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to use USB-C ports with Fitbit devices. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

ayprasad
Jogger
Please implement a common charging feature on fitbits going forward (USB-C, or micro-USB, or wireless).
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ayprasad, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.