Unicode to support Notifications on Cyrillic, Greek for Smartwatches

Please add Unicode characters table on Ionic to support world languages.

(Notifications on Cyrillic, Greece, Hebrew, Indian, Czech, Slovak etc.)

Unfortunately, right now I can see question marks instead of Cyrillic characters in notifications.

Thank you in advance!

Moderator Edition Title Update for Clarity and Labels.

155 Comments
wbadawi
Jogger

Any clear indication if unicode (Arabic) will be coming to fitbit (Versa or Ionic) at any point of time ??

Thanks

Bluelian
Stepping Up

Please support Hebrew (charge 2). Because the watch doesn't support Hebrew I seriously consider buying a Garmin watch (which does support hebrew)

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, I'm happy to announce that this has been developed and released for Fitbit Ionic and upcoming devices such as Fitbit Versa. Please remember as per our FAQs that features will be applied to next generation devices when it's not viable to release it on previous trackers.

We are happy however to release this on our latest smartwatches as we know it was a popular feature request from the community. Enjoy!

wbadawi
Jogger

Thanks @LizFitbit for the great info, may I ask how to get it on my Versa ?

Thanks again.

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @wbadawi it should already be working as long as you're on the latest firmware. Are you seeing any issues with incoming notifications in these languages? 

Mohannad02
Jogger

@LizFitbit 

Could you please advice the firmware version number in Versa that support this feature ?

ALDOSSERY
Stepping Up

Thank you very much for this wonderful news, Congratulations to all

wbadawi
Jogger

Hi @LizFitbit, I am on 32.32.419 and still see boxes and no text, should I do something, restart, load or do whatever ?

I am using Versa.

Moufassa
First Steps
Hi. This is great news but I am not sure anything has changed in my
notifications (still see jiberish).
I have a ionion with firmware 27.32.4.19. I got no notification for update.
Thanks
Mohannad02
Jogger

It seems no one has sucessfully this feature.

Ababneh
Jogger
I did not see any difference, no update was released

--
Kind Regards,

Faris Ababneh
ALDOSSERY
Stepping Up

Frankly I'm also surprised, I thought  the last update will support Arabic language.Unfortunately, nothing has been changed.

We are very disappointed.

Ababneh
Jogger

Arabic Language please, till now we can't read Arabic Texts.

MikeGn
Runner

Is Right-to-left supported for Hebrew?

wbadawi
Jogger

Hi @LizFitbit,

Sorry but since you announced on the 27.04 that unicode support feature is released, I didn't find and (I am not the only one) a way to get this on the versa or ionic, can you please clarify how to get this update.

Thanks for the support.

Bluelian
Stepping Up
It looks like this is was a false announcement and the watch does not
support Hebrew fonts. Here is a correspondence I had with Fitbit on
Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/fitbit/posts/1893941630630012?comment_id=1894387073918801&reply_comment_id=...

--
Bluelian
Stepping Up

It looks like this is was a false announcement and the watch does not support Hebrew fonts. Here is a correspondence I had with Fitbit on Facebook: 

wbadawi
Jogger

"

Status changed to: Released

Hi everyone, I'm happy to announce that this has been developed and released for Fitbit Ionic and upcoming devices such as Fitbit Versa. Please remember as per our FAQs that features will be applied to next generation devices when it's not viable to release it on previous trackers.

We are happy however to release this on our latest smartwatches as we know it was a popular feature request from the community. Enjoy!

"

Can someone from fibit team @LizFitbit  or any admin confirm it this announcement was correct or false.

Thanks.

Confused  !!!!

MikeGn
Runner
Hello, I would also like a clarification that Ionic currently sold at retailers will receive the update.Thanks!
MikeGn
Runner

Thanks @Bluelian, this false announcement almost caused me to buy an Ionic.

Dealt so far with Polar, Huawei and Samsung - is Fitbit a serious company at all?

Never saw false update release announcement....

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @wbadawi thanks for pinging me about this! My apologies everyone and @MikeGn @Bluelian @Ababneh - it looks like this suggestion was marked as released and then the title was updated after the fact, which caused confusion.

There is now updated support for Cyrillic and Greek language on Fitbit Versa and Ionic. Czech in notifications should work already.

Please vote on these existing suggestions for:

Thanks and apologies for the confusion.

Bluelian
Stepping Up

Please support Hebrew and Arabic in notifications. 

This feature is mandatory since fitbit watches were lunched in Israel last year (where these two languages are spoken)  and it was announced that Fitbit will support these languages in the first quarter of 2018 (which is already passed).

Thank you!

Bluelian
Stepping Up

its really a shame since I strongly believe that 50% or even more of the total voters for this feature speak Arabic or Hebrew.

Anyway, I opened a new suggestion and I invite everyone here to vote for this new suggestion (Support Hebrew and Arabic in notifications). 

ALDOSSERY
Stepping Up

Frankly this is shameful, we are in 2018 and still my fitbit ionic not support Arabic or Hebrew languages .  Honestly ,  I'm looking now for another watch and I think I'll go to Apple's watch’s and  replace it with this watch. I am just wait the next update then I will decide. 

Bluelian
Stepping Up

@LizFitbit

I am finding it hard to understand... 

I found this suggestion also asking for Hebrew support and it has 190 votes. More than this suggestion has (only 143). So, can you explain us please howcome Fitbit decided to not support Hebrew and Arabic ?!?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.