Uninstall the "Notifications" app from Fitbit Charge 5

I would like the ability to remove the "notifications" app from my Fitbit Charge 5.
65 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jaxel, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about uninstalling the "Notifications" app from the Fitbit Charge 5 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Wibby
Interval Runner

Me too!  It would be great if we could freely remove any tiles or Apps that we find superfluous, as many people are only using it as a fitness tracker.

315justin
Jogger

I concur.  I thought this was a fitness tracker.  Why do I need to swipe past "Notifications" to get to "Exercise"?  One would think a fitness tracker would prioritize the fitness aspects over the being tied to your phone aspect.  I would like to un-install the 'Notifications' app.  My phone does a smashing good job of annoying me at every turn with notifications - I don't want my fitness tracker to do the same. 

gregyski
Stepping Up

I just "upgraded" my Charge 4 to a Charge 5 and am very frustrated that I have to swipe twice to get to the only app on the device I use: Exercise. I only had to swipe once on my Charge 4. I do not and will not use the Notifications app and now being forced to bypass it the many times a day I use the Exercise app has me seriously considering returning the device. I say this not to be dramatic but because it's that much of a disappointment.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hey same here!!

Want to get rid of something I never uses... Even more on a fitness tracker !! The versa 3 is there for that!!

Like the other dude said... Why put notification before exercise... On a exercise tracker!? So dumb!! Hahahhaha

Please let use decided what we want on the charge 5!!

Paul_KY
Jogger

I am in the same boat, I would love to be able to remove the ability and the icon from my tracker.

mcmarcus
Recovery Runner

Same. At the very least, to reorder the tiles to bring exercise next to the main tile. I don't & won't use notifications - this is an exercise band for me, not a smart watch. 

Victoriatorrres
First Steps

I agree and would like to remove the notification tile from my watch. You should have an option to remove the notifications tile via the cellphone app like you can with EDA scan, timers, etc. Many of us are clearly only using your product specifically for fitness and not social aspects. Mention this issue with your teams @LizzyFitbit ! Please and thank you 🙂 

moonchicago
Stepping Up

I admit having this option is a big plus. Prioritizing exercise makes a  lot of sense.

Thanks!

Cat1085
Jogger

Agree! I want to remove that not used notifications app or at least be able to change the order of apps to move it to the back.

meta-imaginatio
First Steps

I agree with all the comments. Please remove or hide the notification tab somewhere. Why put it in the prime real estate of 'first right swipe'. Who made this decision? Was there any customer feedback? Was there any A / B testing? Notifications shouldn't be first right swipe. 

Could you share the status of this feature request?

TomNowa
First Steps

Agree with all above. Either allow us to remove or reorder apps.

MorselA
Recovery Runner

I so agree, I will never use notifications on my fitbit. Last thing I want is to be bothered when I am out getting healthy. Seems it could be deleted from earlier models but that is no longer an option. 

Ninjoncrak
First Steps

+1

Please bring back the option to delete the notifications app. At the _very_ least move the app placement so that we don't have to screen twice to go to the "track workout" screen.

John901
First Steps

Agree: I’m never going to want notifications. The degrades an improvement from the Charge 4

skinnykima
Recovery Runner

I totally agree with all of the comments listed above! I would like to be able to swipe immediately to EXERCISE without having to go through NOTIFICATIONS. I bought the Fitbit it for fitness tracking, not as a smartwatch. I will never use notification. 

Some options: 

1. EXERCISE should be the first screen available when swiping out of clock face . . . OR . . .
  2. Customers should be able to reorder apps placement based on their individual priories . . . OR . . 
  3. Customer should be able to hide/delete apps based on their needs.

Thank you! 

Shane102009
First Steps

I agree. It's very frustrating that I cannot customise my Fitbit Charge 5 to display only the apps that I want.

Shaolu
First Steps

Agree with all, please allow us to remove. I just moved to Fitbit from another fitness band and this is very frustrating, I'm afraid I am really considering returning. 

Cookieg1953
Base Runner

Ditto "Agree with all above. Either allow us to remove or reorder apps." Charge5 is not a smart watch. I don't want a smart watch. I have a very smart phone always at hand. I want a tracker and except for all the smart watch wannabe features I like it a lot.  I almost didn't replace my falling apart  Alta with the Charge5 because of all the unnecessary features I knew I'd have to deal with. 

Missieg
Jogger

I've had this watch for 3 hours and haven't even had a chance to take it for a run and im already searching for others with this complaint for a potential solution. Even if i had notifications ON it would still pop up with a buzz for me to read. So then y would it need to be the first app shown? It's a fitness tracker 

polish_one
First Steps

Wholeheartedly agree. A) At a minimum, allow us to reorganize the app listing. B) More preferably, allow us to remove the Notifications app.

kimb321
First Steps

I completely agree.  Why don't we have the ability to remove apps that we won't use?  I just got rid of a Garmin and changed to Fitbit because I wanted better sleep tracking, but at least I could customize what apps showed on my Garmin.  I'll never use Notifications or Payments or Alarms and it's really annoying to not be able to re-order things and remove things (or add things).  Overall, I'm very disappointed with the lack of ability to customize what we see and what we don't.  I really hope there is a plan to fix this soon. 

drgimlin
Jogger

Absolutely agree that a user should be able to get rid of or reorder apps. For me, the notifications app is an annoyance. 

This is quite an omission, not good human engineering.

jacobgins
First Steps

DO ITTTT

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Add the ability to remove notifications and payments. Focus on being a fitness tracker instead of a smart watch.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.