Update food list features- alphabetize list or reorder food items

PLEASE allow users to sort their food lists by alphabetical order, and to easily delete foods from their "frequent" and "recent" food lists. 

It seems that there have been requests for this (in the forums at least) going back 3 years. It's absolutely ridiculous that simple features like these have been overlooked in the first place.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

68 Comments
Kristymh
First Steps

1. Please Alphabetize food on iPhone app! This seems to be a “frequent and recent” request and yet Fitbit doesn’t seem to care. 5 years! It was first requested 5 years ago. This simple fix should take your engineers no time to add.

2. My entered foods don’t even appear on my search. 

3. No way to delete foods or organize. Organizing by breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, etc. would also be helpful.

4. Allow users to to upload new foods/upc’s to the main database for others to access. How else do you get better? Other apps do this.

This is my second Fitbit, the app is no better now than it was 4 years ago. My husband is also interested in buying a device. I am leaning him toward a Garmin because it’s obvious that Fitbit is not responsive to users. If everyone switched to Garmin it might get their attention.

Reading the moderators repeat for 5 years ... “we”ll be sure to let our team know” ... is frustrating. Either the moderators aren’t doing their jobs, the engineers aren’t doing theirs or someone doesn’t want to put any money into the app. 

RlaurenJ
Jogger

Should be able to alphabetize frequent and custom foods

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I’m a newbee and use apple iPad and iPhone for my Fitbit and would love to see foods being in alphabetical order however with some insight into the cost of development and the time it takes would it be an idea to throw out to the forum a vote who would be prepared to pay an additional cost for this feature? Just :light_bulb: I’ll start by saying I would. (PS i also use Trello for some of my work and it has a clever little feature whereby you can press and hold and move items up and down a list)

ajzepeda
First Steps

This seems like a no brainer. Why can't they update the food list so it lists alphabetically?  It doesn't seem like a hard option to add. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Octan
Jogger

Reorder food items entered. You can delete food items entered but you can’t reorder them. If you forgot to enter something it’ll end up at the end and can’t be moved.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Octan, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to reorder food items on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

TallRusty
Stepping Up
I monitor all food that I eat. Your frequently items and recent items lists are too short. My suggestion is... if you're not going to increase the list then at least allow the search engine to prioritize according to most recent items logged. Sometimes common items come up with more than 50 to select from and many do not have any nutritional data.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TallRusty, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to prioritize the food search option. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I saw a much older suggestion and wanted to revive it. It was be so nice if frequent, custom and recent foods were in alphabetical order. It would be so much easier to find entered foods.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for sharing this suggestion about sorting your frequent, custom and recent foods in alphabetical order with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here so our team can keep tracking this request over time. This will also help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please support this idea by adding your vote.

Briangee
Jogger
Custom food is shown alphabetical. Recent and popular foods appear to be random. It is often quicker but should not be to look for items in main database! Possibly, 95% of entries have been used more than once in the last couple of months. These should be easily located from an alphabetical list. Should be a simple modification to the algorithms.
Whattodo
First Steps

Searching for food items is a challenge. Once the one you need to log is finally found and logged, can it appear at the top of the search for that item next time around? 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Briangee and @Whattodo thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to order alphabetically food items. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

It is very time consuming to search for food already logged previously. Not being able to find quickly results in repeats. Please make the list alphabetical and able to delete duplicates in the list. I am sure I am not the only one with this problem. Thank youl
PerfectBlue
Strider

This *100.

Also, allow us to add food for multiple days\copy and paste several food items to different days.

If have the same meal more than once a week I'd like to be able to copy the ingredients from one day to another without having to enter everything as a custom meal. Especially if it's something that I may only make once or twice.

I agree with you. I believe Itrackbites and fitness pal allows you to do
that, so if they can do it, so can fitbit.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ladyknight1989, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.