Velcro strap for Fitbit Ace 2

I would like to suggest for Children on the Ace2... A VELCRO Strap.

SAFTEY COMES 1ST 

1. The current strap, means young children struggles with a buckle with one hand

2. It breaks easy

3. Too many small parts

4. VELCRO would suit all wrist sizes

5. I would also suggest using a harder plastic for the unit.

Fitbit sort it out...Parent of an active child.

My son came home with a broken Ace2, he had only received last week for his birthday. I asked him what had happened, he told me he put the strap in his mouth and the buckle came off...he put these in his pocket for safe keeping to bring home. The buckle is missing. 

1. Why would fitbit make a product that if a child was to put in his mouth could possibly choke him
  2. Make it with a flexible and not so robust plastic buckle that in a child's day to day play could easily break.

This strap is NOT fit for purpose, its a health and safety hazard and the buckle is below average for quality.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label

3 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Tinker1973, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having a velcro wristband for Fitbit Ace 2.

We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I moved your request to this board since it is constantly monitored by our team for future implementations. Watch this space for status updates!

In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Tinker1973
Jogger

THANK you

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.