View Heart Rate for more than 30 days in App

I love my Charge 2 dearly. The one thing, however, that I would love to change is that I would love the ability to see my resting heart rate for longer than a month - ideally 6 months, one year, two years, etc. This is an incredibly telling indicator of health and it would make a huge difference in my life as someone who is trying to solve some lung and breathing issues. Hopeful that this is already in the works!

36 Comments
JKSmiles
Stepping Up

I would like to see a weekly summary of how many minutes I spent in each of the 3 HR zones and my custom zone. I am trying to follow the American Heart Association recommendation of 150 active minutes each week but I have to manually add up the daily minutes. 

SC94
Recovery Runner

And I'd also love to see how the resting heart rate is changing! 

Gardener1234
Stepping Up

I would like to be able to see a graph of my resting heart rate over a duration longer than just 1 month at a time, on a continuous graph.  I notice that my heart rate fluctuates over the course of a month, and I'd like to be able to see this over a longer period of several months or a year, with the ability to identify each day's resting heart rate by scrolling across the graph (similar to the expanded "Beats Per Minute" graph that is available on the mobile app for a given day's heart rate graph, available under Resting Heart Rate).

WavyDavey
10K Racer

Resting Heart Rate data currently shows the last 30 days in the dashboard. I think it would be helpful if there was a record of past resting heart rate data, so one could track trends over time.

Currently I have to manually input this into a spreadsheet. Having the last 3, 6, and 12 months data available for download as a file or display in a chart would great. Thanks.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Very important indicator of fitness, Im suprised this doesn't exist already!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This data is available in the API. I have built a little javascript graph to show me it by day for a year. Only took a few hours! 

I agree. Whats the problem ? Why has nothing happened since April ? Why is it taking so long to implement ?

JMH2015
Jogger

Agee.  Should be 1 month, 3 month, and 1 year averages as well as month to month averages like sleep and steps.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Also long term data let's you see progress/regress in your health level.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks @haycharjay I'm sure this would be useful for lots of customers. Thanks for sharing your idea. This Feature Suggestion for adding HR data to export for >30 days is under consideration. Yours refers to adding this data to the app, so I'll keep them separate for now. Thanks

lindsay1796
Jogger

Just went to look for the solution to this and wanted to add my input! I work shift work (2 weeks on, 2 weeks off) and am trying to look at the pattern of how that affects my heart rate and it seems to when viewing 30 days, but I have no way to look back and compare 😞 The data is there so history would be great.

SquashPlayer
Base Runner

If anyone wants to know how to download their Fitbit data, you can read my previous post Here

estibump
Jogger

Completely agree.  Only just got my fitbit charge 2 and am still learning how to use it properly, but got it for checking out my heart rate mainly

dukewags
First Steps

How can I vote every month until we see the feature?

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Please note that this Feature Suggestion for adding HR data to export for >30 days is still under consideration. 

Status changed to: Existing Feature
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @haycharjay and commenters - my apologies for the incorrect update on this feature! You can currently access more than 30 days resting heart rate in the app. You open the heart rate tile on the mobile app and press the square brackets in the top right corner, which will open up another screen which has:

• 1 week, 1 month, 3 months and a year tabs on Android
  • On iPhone you can only see the 1 week, 1 month tabs but if you swipe back, you can see further back as per Android.

You might also consider voting/subscribing to:

Thanks!

my app only offers 1 week or 1 month. How do I get to see longer perios ?

Best wishes, Dick
Gardener1234
Stepping Up
Sent from my iPhone
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @williamyardley thanks for posting - my apologies - I just realized on iPhone that the data is there if you swipe back - you just don't see the '3 months' and '1 year' tabs. Let me know how you get on!

Sent from Dick's iPad
Gardener1234
Stepping Up

I want to see the data as one graph over the longer periods of time (3, 6 months or 1 year), not one month at a time by swiping between them. That is how all the other parameters are displayed, I don't know why the heart rate data doesn't follow the same pattern. 

LyesKh
First Steps

It is crazy that the Android app lets one see their full heart rate history at once (single graph, as is for weight), whereas the iOS app only allows for monthly graphs!! Please fix this!

Yes, and I have found you never get a straight answer to a question .

--

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Olbow
Recovery Runner

I agree, I really don't understand why the heart rate cannot be displayed on a 1 year basis on the iphone app, it's very strange. 

And they are totally silent on the subject, just offering no explanation
whatsoever.

--

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.