Citibank credit support for Fitbit Pay

The Fitbit Pay is useless to me as is. I only use one card and it is a citi VISA (Costco). Please add support for citi credit cards

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

235 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

brotini
Jogger

I second this motion. Citi Double Cash Mastercard is the only credit card I use. It would be great to have Citibank added to Fitbit Pay.

EthanSpitz
First Steps

I would love this. My costco credit card is the number one card I use.

alphatrader
First Steps

l love Fitbit Versa. I own two of them. One of the main reasons of taking Fitbit was for its Pay feature. Unfortunately CITIBANK is not in the list of US participating banks. I believe Citi Cards are widely used in US and would add a great value to Fitbit Pay. I hope Fitbit considers this suggestion and adds CITIBANK to Fitbit Pay.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing your suggestion @alphatrader.

Let's see what other users have to say about it.

KenDavidian
Jogger

Please add citi bank to the fitbit pay service!

by the way, would a moderator of the forum please provide a status of the popular request?

thanks!

Ryuken
Stepping Up

Please add Citibank to Fitbit pay please. I have a regular Citi mastercard and a Citi visa card(costco) that is my main card .

bjhiltbrand
Jogger

My Citi Costco card is the main card I use, followed by my Citi Double cash card. When I go to a store that accepts NFC payments, I often make it a point to use my Amex Blue card, as all Amex cards are supported by Fitbit Pay and I want to use NFC payments wherever possible. It drives me crazy that my main cards are big name cards and are still not supported. My tiny credit union supports Fitbit Pay, but my large credit cards don't. It doesn't make sense.

Tags24
Recovery Runner

Please add Citibank to Fitbit Pay!!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Really want Citi bank for Fitbit pay!

DGAzr
First Steps

+1 to the original poster. My Costco citi card is the only card that I use and so fitbit pay has no value to me until it's a supported bank. Please let us know you're working on this!

wwhoover3
Stepping Up

Count me in as one who would like Fitbit Pay to support my Costco Citibank Visa. This is my primary card, and without it my special edition Versa is the same as the normal one.

peccatorimpius
First Steps

Unfortunately, I paid for the special condition, but now can't use Fibit Pay because I have a Costco Citibank Visa.  This is disappointing, but I am confident that Fitbit can reach an agreement with Citibank soon, right?

Tags24
Recovery Runner
Unfortunately Fitbit nor Citibank would confirm that there are any plans to add Citibank to Fitbit Pay anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone
Krkiser
First Steps

This was a Mother's Day gift. Google pay supports our Citi Visa (Costco) and capital one 360 MasterCard debit. Husband thought surely these Banks would be available for Fitbit pay soon. It would be awesome if those were available as they are the only cards we use

Blemmon
Jogger

Costco Visa here, quite silly such a major bank and card not included.  Please see support

bagler1111
Jogger

Please add Citibank credit cards to Fitbit Pay.

Kenatrex
Jogger

I agree that Citi should be added!

annmim
First Steps

Please add citibank cards to fitbit pay.

Monomath
Jogger

I have an Ionic, and considering buying a versa for my wife. The Ionic is great, but its extremely frustrating that Citibank is not supported in Fitbit pay - its the only credit card we use, and have used it for the past 15+ years (hence cannot just switch to a different bank). Was an early adopter of the Ionic, and now feeling a bit hung out to dry by the lack of support for citibank. (I also remember Fitbit talking about apps like lyft/uber/american airlines) coming soon to the platform, which hasn't happened either. Anyway, I can live with the lack of apps, but right now, the NFC chip on my Ionic is a complete waste. 

Fitbit - can you please comment on ETA for citibank and/or what the hold up is?

greggeh
Jogger

+1 Citi Visa

Henry23456789
Recovery Runner

This is one of the most frustrating things about this Fitbit Pay because I'm Trying to get a Fitbit Versa for my mother as a birth day present. But because it does not allow Citibank cards I can not get her Versa with Fitbit Pay. So if you could tell me when it is expected to be put on or if it even is going to be put on your list.

d18991
Jogger

@Monomath

Uber and several airlines have apps now. 

toroco
Jogger

It's been over 6 months since the original request here and still no Citibank Visa compatibility. Could a moderator post an update?

Is it a fee issue for Fitbit? Have they dropped it until the next hardware release? It really seems like an easy win to provide this card on Fitbit Pay otherwise. 

Beleho
First Steps

Yes! So much, this! The Citi (Costco) card is the only card I use, too; and, I wish I had checked what cards were able to be sync'd because had I known Citi isn't one, I wouldn't have purchased the Ionic. Please add Citi cards to the list. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.