Citibank credit support for Fitbit Pay

The Fitbit Pay is useless to me as is. I only use one card and it is a citi VISA (Costco). Please add support for citi credit cards

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

236 Comments
khaverstock
First Steps

The only reason I paid for the Special Addition Versa was for the Fitbit Pay feature.  If I would have known it didn't support Citibank (the 4th largest bank in the US!), I never would have gotten it.  What's the hold up??

bmoore118
Jogger

Please add citi card. IU have a costco citi card and use it all the time and use this card at places that accept contactless payments. Having the ability to leave my phone at home and pay would be so cool

Blemmon
Jogger

Please add Citibank support for Fitbit pay.  I only use citbank Costco Visa.  Can a request to Citibank somewhere help this?  Is it Fitbit or Citibank that is the problem?

AdamT.
Jogger

Hey, its been quite some time since this thread has been active. Im sure people are still waiting for a response from anyone over at fitbit. Would any moderators like to shed light on this situation of getting citibank on the fitbit pay system?

mrgregj
First Steps

Please add Citi Bank for fitbit pay.  I just bought the Ionic and I was excited by this feature, but really disappointed that such a large bank isn't supported.  My friend who has Apple Pay can use his Citi card. 😞

susanaskye
First Steps

Yup... Pretty frustrated that Fitbit still doesn't support Citi cards..  my Costco card is the one for us... Come on, fitbFi! 

alia820
First Steps

Please add Citibank to Fitbit Pay!!!

CarlyJo
First Steps

Citibank is the main card I use and would like to better utilize my watch and its features.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

Monomath
Jogger

Moderator - Thanks for the response. However, I think it is completely unacceptable to consider this a "feature suggestion", rather than a critical integration that makes or breaks the pay feature of the Ionic and Versa devices, given the size of the credit card subscriber population of Citibank.

If you do think about integrations like these as "feature suggestions", then the person responsible for feature prioritization at Fitbit Pay is doing a terrible job - for example, how do you justify prioritizing much smaller banks like Goodfield State Bank, First National Bank of Spearman and The Bank of Beaver City (these are all from the list of banks that support Fitbit Pay) above Citibank, which has a much larger population of credit card customers? 

To clarify - are you saying that Citibank integration is something that the Fitbit pay team has never considered before but is thinking about now? A much more acceptable response would be to say that Citibank has not been very supportive, and that it will require more resources from Fitbit to make it happen. If Citibank integration is something that has simply never been considered, then I will probably just jump ship to the upcoming revamped Android wear or Samsung wearables platform in the fall. I have been a Fitbit user for years, but this is ridiculous. 

Roneil
First Steps

Here's how the discussion should go:

Team:  Should we support Citibank?

Boss:  Yes!  Get on it right away!

mrgregj
First Steps

That's an out of touch response Moderator.  Its Citibank, I'm sure over 90% of the people that work at Fitbit have heard of Citibank.  This should have been chosen for development in the early stages of Fitbit Pay.  It's not like were asking for support with some small town bank.

abhikush
First Steps

Another vote for Citi integration.

Bmoore1118
Jogger

Please add this! I am a costco citi card holder and this would be a game changer for this watch.

pizza37
First Steps

Agreed, make this happen, goofy that Citibank isn't included yet. 

GreenFaerie
First Steps
Still just talking about this 4+ months later? Unacceptable!! Get CITI on the app pronto.
Monomath
Jogger
Apparently, they are still thinking about whether it would be a good idea
to include Citi..

I can't wait for the new wear OS devices to come out this fall so I can
ditch Fitbit. Feel so foolish for dropping $300 on an Ionic..
LibraSun
Recovery Runner

I strongly urge Citibank credit card customers to visit CITI.COM immediately, click CHAT (on the right-hand side after logging in), and submitting a written request that Citi participate in the Fitbit Pay service. The operator will forward your suggestion to the appropriate department. Also, be sure to fill out the short post-chat survey, which affords you additional feedback opportunities.

Blemmon
Jogger
definitely --- everyone go to citi.com login, use chat complain / suggest
etc
susanaskye
First Steps

I have abandoned fitbit after 10+ years... just couldn't keep up with my needs. 😞 

shurlimann
First Steps

I second this. The only card I use is a Citi MasterCard.

Monomath
Jogger
Yup. With the WearOS chipset releasing this fall, WearOS devices will
become significantly more compelling. I generally like supporting the
underdog, but in this case the underdog is refusing to support a mainstream
partner (Citibank) that enables one of the key selling points of their
product.

I will just have to bite the bullet and switch over to WearOS device after
many years of owning Fitbits.
spot-on
Stepping Up

Totally agree.  Guys, please contact Citi customer service as well to apply pressure from their end.  When logged in, click on "Contact Us" at the bottom and send a secure message.  Thanks!

spot-on
Stepping Up

Citi is #3 in market share and should have been added well before many others on the list.

Credit Card Market Share

AF143710
First Steps

Citi Bank Double Cash is the only card I use. Having support for Citi Bank would be beautiful!! Please, please, please!! 

@nicrav wrote:

The Fitbit Pay is useless to me as is. I only use one card and it is a citi VISA (Costco). Please add support for citi credit cards

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.