Weather App on Charge 6

Well … here we go again. I started the “Weather App on Charge 5” suggestion 2 yrs ago and watched it climb by hundreds of “likes” only to be completely ignored by Fitbit/Google, so I figure let’s try again.

Please add a simple weather app to the new Charge 6. You had it on the Charge 3 and Charge 4, so why not on the 5 and 6? Let’s get this done!
53 Comments
brittbytes
Jogger

I would also use this daily. Just got my charge 6 in the mail and I am gutted this feature is not there as I assumed it would be. What a let down.

Pido
First Steps

This would be my top priority requested feature

Missattymaam
First Steps

My primary use for my Smartwatch was checking weather. Samsung has a watch fave complication showing 'real feel' weather, UV index, rain chance, wind speed in addition to current temperature. I rarely read or responded to messages, so I made the switch to FitBit thinking weather was a basic function. I'm returning device since clearly not a feature coming soon.

delv3chio
First Steps

I used the weather daily on my $50 Mii tracker on Amazon before I "Upgraded" - not sure why I would have assumed my almost $200 tracker would have this as a basic options. Guess that is asking too much, but I would greatly appreciate if this was implemented.

amatt135
Jogger

Honestly, at this point I think Fitbit's just lazy.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JonDavidL, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding the Weather app to the Charge 6 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Erutongo
First Steps

Yes please! I would use it daily as well

Mr_Digs
First Steps

Just bought my first Fitbit (Charge 6) and can't believe it doesn't have a basic weather prompt.  This is currently the sole reason I would not recommend buying the Charge watch.  I had previously had an old Garmin Vivo and it told me the weather.   Let's seriously make this a top priority.  The Charge is not solely for exercise. It would be much more of an all around fitness watch if it also told you basic weather stats , which Google already offers on many different outlets.  Seriously though, what needs done to make this happen?

JenAlx
First Steps

I was really disappointed to see that weather is not on the Charge 6. I was looking to purchase a new watch to replace my Versa 3 and am seriously considering moving a way from fitbit altogether because there are other options out there that have ALL the features one would expect in a tracker in 2023.

Sergiosko
First Steps

Please add the Weather App. Is there any problem with some patent about it? It'd be so useful, I'd really appreciate it.Thanks

CrashJohnson
Jogger

1+. We need weather.

MrGreen315
Base Runner

I do love the screen on the Charge 6 and can see some really fun and useful weather functionality in this watch. Though with the lack of interesting watch faces I didn't see that happening.

Zoltar
Jogger

I got the native Fitbit weather app that came on the Versa 2 to install on my charge 6. It doesn't always sync location and details right away, but works fine otherwise. 

And not to *hijack" this particular suggestion thread, but it would be awesome if the phone app could finally get a dark theme. The white background is hard on the eyes, and kinda ugly 

1000000382.jpg

1000000385.jpg

1000000378.png

Cherlin729
First Steps

Weather app on charge 6 should be a basic feature. Trying to get this message to Fitbit, I am new on this forum. I am thinking of returning this newly purchased watch due to this issue. Please put this feature that I use on my versa lite daily, on all your watches....geeze!

delv3chio
First Steps

@Zoltar That is awesome, well done! Is that something you can share with me on how to do? I would be greatly appreciated!

Zoltar
Jogger

Disclaimer:

I'm not responsible for what anyone does with their hardware and/or software, or potential damage/loss of use, or loss of data from doing a reset of any hardware. 

What worked for me in getting the Fitbit weather app from the versa 2 onto my Fitbit charge 6 was pretty simple. Open the Fitbit app on your phone, and touch your profile picture on the top right. Then touch the gear symbol/Fitbit settings. Then touch connected apps from the drop down menu. Then select smartwatch apps and clock faces. From there, it's just a matter of finding that particular app, installing, and setting requested permissions from that app

Zoltar
Jogger
MrslBoa
Recovery Runner

I came here, while I was searching where is the weather app on my new charge 6 and how can I install that app, but to find out that it is missing and likely to be not added. I am coming form fitbit charge 3 which had this feature and it was very handy when I wanted to check next 3 days of weather from my fitbit. If I had known that weather app is missing and not going to be added, I would have not bought this, and I will certainly return this item and get a samsung sport bands. Fitbit you have just lost a good customer here over simple app, and I am pretty sure you will lose many more over this simple app.

Zoltar
Jogger

I couldn't find the weather app again when scrolling back through the app gallery, but I could find it when doing a Google search for Fitbit weather app. I tried linking to it, but the forum wouldn't allow it 

delv3chio
First Steps

Thanks @Zoltar for the update, was it a Fitbit site or a 3rd party site? I appreciate your help! How did you get it in the app? Did it just download or did you have a package you had to install? Thanks again! 

Zoltar
Jogger

Do a Google search for "Fitbit weather app" in your web browser and you'll see a link for the weather app on Fitbit's gallery. I tried linking to it, but it wouldn't let me post. I didn't have to hack my phone or watch to get it to download at the time. It installed without any issues for me.

Zoltar
Jogger

@delv3chio let us all know if you're able to get it to install on your watch as well. Could be helpful to others interested in having it on their charge 6 as well 

MrslBoa
Recovery Runner

I have download it now by searching on google "fitbit weather app gallery "  it shows that charge 6 is supported aswell. I am testing it now and will update my post here.

Zoltar
Jogger

@MrslBoa I found it works ok, but you don't see the hour by hour temp when swiping up, after tapping the tile

delv3chio
First Steps

Hey @Zoltar @MrslBoa 

Thanks for your updates. I am doing leg work right now. Fitbit told me to send my charge in a couple weeks ago because it was not syncing until I killed the app and bluetooth. I asked them on Friday via chat for an update and I got 'its received in the warehouse but not in the system.' They told me to wait longer for an update. But the next day they open a new ticket and asked my to send in the device I already sent in?? I asked them what that is all about via chat and got exactly the same answer. Wait longer... So poor service and I still don't know the status of my device or got confirmation email they received it. Anywho sorry for the rant... I'll keep the thread updated if I can install it when I get it back. Who knows, by then the 7 might be out 🤣

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.