Weather App on Charge 6

Well … here we go again. I started the “Weather App on Charge 5” suggestion 2 yrs ago and watched it climb by hundreds of “likes” only to be completely ignored by Fitbit/Google, so I figure let’s try again.

Please add a simple weather app to the new Charge 6. You had it on the Charge 3 and Charge 4, so why not on the 5 and 6? Let’s get this done!
54 Comments
Zoltar
Recovery Runner

I have issues with sleep data syncing back to the watch, and have to force close the app and clear cache in order for it to sync as well. Other data besides the sleep data and occasionally SpO2 data sync without issues. Hoping the next app update helps this issue 

Zoltar
Recovery Runner

Just a follow up...

My Charge 6 just received a firmware update this afternoon. The Fitbit weather app did not survive the reboot after the firmware installation. However, I was able to reinstall the app after the firmware update loaded/installed. And the app actually had had an update dated November 1, if I remember correctly. So far, no issues.

Cherlin729
First Steps

Where is this weather app for fitbit charge 6 Zoltar?

Zoltar
Recovery Runner

@Cherlin729 unfortunately, I can't post a link to the app here. If you do a Google search for "Fitbit weather app", you'll find the webpage for the app. Download it and enable the requested permissions. 

Cherlin729
First Steps

Thank you, but I am having no luck!

Zoltar
Recovery Runner

When you type fitbit weather app in Google search, it should be the very first link at the top of the page. I was able to reinstall without issue on my charge 6 after the recent firmware update 

meierjn
Stepping Up

I got the weather app installed with the instructions and added an additional location. It seems to be working so far. I noticed it isn't reporting the hourly forecasts.  I'll report if it is removed after the next firmware update.

Zoltar
Recovery Runner

@meierjn the weather app didn't survive the last charge 6 firmware update for mine. I had the app installed before the update, and was able to reinstall after the update. The hourly forecast didn't show on mine either (before or after the update). 

jelgie
First Steps

Can you please adapt charge 6 to be used without google & add the weather app 

cheers Jim 

Marillad
Recovery Runner

Very disappointed this basic function isn’t available. Standard on all the earlier cheaper versions. I use wearer a few times daily. 

JonDavidL
Hill Runner

As the person who started this topic, I see no reason for anyone to bother voting or commenting anymore. Google fired Fitbit co-founders James Park and Eric Friedman yesterday. Fitbit as we knew it is over. The focus will be all Pixel watch from here I suspect. The Charge 6 won’t get a weather app just like after nearly 1000 thumbs up votes on my previous Charge 5 weather app suggestion, it was never implemented. I loved Fitbit. I loved my Charge and Versa watches, but it’s over. With James Park fired, the writing is on the wall. The Pixel watch is great and that is where Google is most likely heading, so don’t waste anymore time voting or commenting on this suggestion. It is a waste of time. A weather app is never coming to the Charge 6. Peace! 

Daaf85
First Steps

I really miss this feature 

Smiley66
First Steps

I really need the weather app on my Fitbit Charge 6. I work in a transfusion lab and we have to send blood between hospitals. Knowing the outdoor temperature is critical for deciding how we package the blood and other blood products. I had this feature on my Charge 3 and assumed it would be included with the Charge 6. I would use this app every day, unlike the YouTube music control which I will never use.

bzzmark
First Steps

Coming from a Charge 3 how can this not be included with the Charge 6? Disappointed and likely returning this watch. 👎🏻

bzzmark
First Steps

Please weather app my charge 6

eschroedermark
Recovery Runner

In addition:
1. Record the weather data on activities and make visible in the Fitbit app. 
2. Make the weather data for activities available to integrated apps (e.g. Strava).

Whamo2023
First Steps

I just received my Charge 6 in the mail after years of being away from Fitbit and I'm so happy to be back. I paired it with my also new Pixel 7a and realized that weather is not included.  We've seen that it can be done. So if it's good for the community, then why not make them happy. 

carl.adams
First Steps

Weather app for charge 6 is a must have. 

Rosco0127
Recovery Runner
Rosco0127
Recovery Runner

Zoltan how did you download it because for me it just shows me to copy or tiwiter, Facebook that's all text me beck when you can. I'll update later.

Zoltar
Recovery Runner

When I installed the weather app on my charge 6, I did it from my phone, which also has the Fitbit app installed (Pixel 6 pro). From my web browser, I typed "Fitbit weather app". Open the link in the search results to come to the Fitbit page with the weather app. 

1000001496.png

 Now, next to "available to install from the Fitbit mobile app", touch open app. It should open the Fitbit mobile app already installed on your phone and take you to the weather app to be installed. Set your permissions once installed. Sorry for the late response. I've had a lot going on recently. Let me know if this has helped 

Rosco0127
Recovery Runner

Yeah but I don't know why it shows to copy it not to open in fibit app

Rosco0127
Recovery Runner

It won't let.me send a picture of it because the image is too big 

Zoltar
Recovery Runner

1000001498.png

Is the Fitbit app installed on your phone? Also, I circled where you need to touch. It should open a prompt to give you the option of opening in app.

Zoltar
Recovery Runner

If it makes a difference, I'm using duck duck go browser on my phone.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.