Weather App on the new Charge 5

Add a weather app for the Charge 5.
360 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JonDavidL, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the weather app on the Charge 5 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

kingRidiculous
Base Runner

Here is my yes vote for the Weather App on the C5!    

Delliz
First Steps

Please, Please, Please. We need the weather app or at least the ability to get the weather from our phone's weather app on the device. Even low end tracker from other companies have weather. I love the look but without the functions it makes it less worth the price. Thanks

IckyJinx
Jogger

How does this need to be voted for again? My charge had it. You had data warranting it. Are you basing it on use while everyone was quarantined? This seems like a very foolish error.

Nikkib1508
First Steps

Definitely agree. Weather app on charge 5 would be great.... 😊

TonyT46
Jogger

The annoying thing is that it was available on the Charge 4

mikey_pdx
Tempo Runner

This would be pretty nice. One of the few things I miss about my Garmin was the ability to have a quick glance at temp without having to grab my phone.

TricksyFox
Jogger

Yes, please! I was so disappointed to realize this wasn't an option.

Kimikazi
Recovery Runner

I agree, the weather app on Charge 5.  It was on Charge 4, why not 5?

Update 06/11/2022, still no weather app on Charge 5.  It might be time to look at other brands of Tracker/Smartwatches?  Seriously my Charge 4 had weather...

TonyT46
Jogger
Hi,
This goes along with the “Agenda” app from the Charge 4 too.
Tony

Sent from Mail for Windows
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please add the Weather App on the Charge 5, love this product but miss too much weather app.

Knuty
Recovery Runner

Would also really love a weather app integrated. There seem to be one in the works since its there under the apps menu in the phone app, just not available yet, so I hope fitbit releases it when they are happy with it. (You find it if you pick the Settings app then scroll down and pick EDA app, then its at the bottom.)

Knuty_0-1636568800269.png

Elarra
Jogger

Yes please add the weather app for the Fitbit charge 5. I miss being able to see what the temp is.

CT_Ginny
First Steps

PLEASE add a weather app to Charge 5! I work in an area that has no windows, 12 hour days, and we are not allowed to have unlimited access to our phones. Being able to access the weather on my Fit bit has been a life-saver. I "upgraded" from the C3 to a 5, and had I known the weather app had been eliminated, I might not have.

Please consider!

TonyT46
Jogger
Hi Gt_ginny,
I feel the same, upgraded from a CHARGE 4 TO A 5

Gideon019
First Steps

Agreed on all counts! It seems to have all the tech necessary, so it should be possible to implement even a simple gps weather tracker... 

TonyT46
Jogger
Hi,
Fitbit just need to get their act together and implement it.

Crazed89436
First Steps

Yes Yes and Yes!  New to Charge 5, and one of the first things I looked for was “okay where’s my quick glance at weather?” Sad to see it’s not available yet (though was in charge 3) but hope to see it added soon!

ken61502
First Steps

Yes! Please definitely add a weather app to my Charge 5. It can just be simply showing the current weather and probably next 6hrs. Thank you in advance!

RodBrace
First Steps

I would like to see the weather app on the charge 5, please. I upgraded from charge 3 and didn't consider that such options like that or phone calls, messages would be eliminated. 

Thanks for your consideration. 

VirajPari
First Steps

Completely new user of Fitbit, with a brand new Charge 5. A weather app is more or less a no-brainer for any smart wearable. Especially so if, as some long-time users suggest, it was present on previous Charge device.

So, my vote for this feature for sure.

Killandra
First Steps

Agreed. There are 2 features from the Charge 4 had that the Charge 5 doesn't have that seriously need added - Weather app and ability to Control Spotify without the rediculous app notification work around. If those 2 get added, Charge 5 will be a true upgrade from the 4.

If they aren't  added back until Charge 6, I won't buy it just out of protest and look into a product from another developer. 

Otherwise, I love the Charge 5, but those 2 missing features are a huge disappointment. Please don't give us features and then take them away without offering something better that does the same thing as a replacement. 

Kimmifu
First Steps

Please add weather to charge 5. Thanks!!!!

Acmi
First Steps

Just got a new Charge 5 and have been so tempted to return it only because it is lacking the weather app. My charge 3 had it and I used it multiple times a day. PLEASE integrate the weather app back into the Charge 5!!

AZ_Steve
First Steps

Another vote from me for a weather app and for clock faces that always show the current temperature. I check it multiple times a day on my phone. It should be on my wrist too.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.