Weekly Mystery Challenge or Random pairings

To mix things up, perhaps a "Mystery Challenge" for 2 or more people could be created.

What this could be, once the challenge has been accepted by the joining players, by a certain time, the mystery challenge would then be revealed. These challenges could be who can get the most steps within a specified time, a certain number of flights, who acquired their water intake each day, food intake, etc. or a combination of these. The duration of the challenge could vary from week to week, from 1 day, or 2 days, or even 5 days long.The possibilities are endless.

A trophy, medal or ribbon should be awarded to the winner as well.

This idea would be fun & exciting because people would never know what to expect. This has the potential to be a game changer.

mystery.jpg

Moderator edit: labels & title.

MICHAEL | ONTARIO, CANADA
Charge HR, Charge 2, Aria - iOS, Windows 10
44 Comments
lizd1348
Recovery Runner

Thanks everyone for the vote of confidence!

Please share the link to your Fitbit friends, maybe they'll vote too!

Hopefully fitbit will hear us if we get enough interest.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/New-Badge-Idea-Secret-Agent/idi-p/2620038

Buffy4807
First Steps

I love this creative idea due to the mystery & motivation factors. At the end the winner is a surprise! And who doesn’t love a good surprise?;) I rate Secret Agent ***** (5 stars)!

LA56
Jogger

Sounds like fun!

mcao
First Steps

Great idea!!!

daimon
Jogger

love the idea

burns_erin
Tempo Runner

I like the idea of being assigned to groups that are more similar (when you routinely outpace your friends they stop inviting you to play 😞 though the nicer ones hook you up with their other friends who also best them). But I'm not a fan of not knowing where people are in standings. Seeing that I'm behind is part of what makes me get up and move.

Also the spy thing is jerky and I don't get why people do that. The only time I do something similar is when I'm doing one of the scenic route ones to let them catch up so other people can at least finish before it closes.

marciaf
Jogger

I agree with "burns_erin". I like the idea but would like to know where people are in the standing, that's what would motivate me is knowing that someone is so close to me or me to them! I also like the idea of using people with similar step amounts.

WarStreet
Recovery Runner

Great idea, but I also agree with "burns_erin" and "marciaf"

The best part of this is the auto matching feature with others with same steps/etc.. statistics. 

Imagine having a weekly challenge with 10 random different people every week who are close to each other. Since everyone is within the same level, even the ones at the last positions would be able to win and we would see the classification changing frequently instead of the same people in the same positions. I can't do challenges with friends since the few I have won't be interested and all of them are in different categories.

Knowing the classifications is the main motivation which makes you push harder. Winning is not important for me, just being motivated to push harder with some fun factor is important.

marciaf
Jogger
Totally agree! 👍
lizd1348
Recovery Runner
This wouldn’t replace how current badges work, just a new type of badge.

Questions:

- have you ever lost because someone didn’t sync and they came in after and
smoked everyone?

- would you not participate if you couldn’t see the others status?

Secret agent badge is meant to be competitive fun and inspiring you to beat
your personal bests... we’d signed up in groups who are similar to our
averages.
jaclin
Base Runner

I think it's a great idea for the system to randomly pick 10 people to compete against who average close to what you're averaging. 

WarStreet
Recovery Runner

From a programmer point of view, you will need to build from what there is a bit by bit. 

(1) Implementing the auto-matching of random people with similar statistics and similar timezone is the first step. The current challenges functionality will remain the same and re-used, and the only difference will be that the participants will be assigned with the auto-matching.

(2) After the above is ready,they could go on adding on the above by implementing other functionalities mentioned by lizd1348. I would suggest adding some options for the challenges to force faster syncs.

DayleK
Walker

I love the idea for the option to be paired with random users for challengers!!  

KarenCB
First Steps

I love the idea. 

Kshockley
Recovery Runner

Great idea! Love it!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would love this, and came to the forums searching for a place to suggest this idea. I have a group of friends that do a workweek challenge EVERY week. Anytime I've joined I've always been second or last place because they are all much more active than me (most are runners with a job that requires lots of standing/walking during the day, while I work a desk job and desperately try to fit in steps each hour and go for evening walks). It would be AWESOME if I could be randomly paired with people who have a similar daily step average, and I would definitely be more motivated for the competition knowing that I stood a chance for that coveted virtual trophy.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

Kshockley
Recovery Runner
Really? It's been years! Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.