Weight tracking page

Your recent change to the fitbit.com web tracking page has reduced the data presented to the user. While this may be desirable to some users, it is considered a loss of important information for many others (as is evident in your dashboard forum.

I only now realized that you have a suggestion forum so I'm here to ask... plead, that you either restore the old graphing capability (multiple data points per day), or at the very least, give users the option to choose.

You have implemented a change that removes valuable data for those of use who monitor their weight multiple times per day to stay on track. Your current choice of removing data, actually creates a stumbling block to that process.

Please return your product to be a benefit, instead of a hindrance as it is now.

(I realize we can still see the individual data points below in list form, it's not the same. A graphed representation is a better motivator)

I'm not asking that you change it back... I'm certain you have your reasons for the change and some users may prefer it. I'm saying, it's always a bad idea to REMOVE data. Give users both options please.

4 Comments
lukyus
First Steps

Your changes to the Weight Tracking page have removed the ability to track my weight beyond 2 years. I have been using Fitbit since 2014 and have lost more than 45 lbs, I miss not being able to see my progression to this loss. Also missed is the Goal bar, please give us an option for these tools. 

TedMichalik
Jogger

I agree with everything mentioned above except that the Weight Page SHOULD be changed back to the way it was. The new graph is more colorful, but everything else is worse! No gridlines; can't get all time chart; data points invisible until you move the selection line, and then the pop-up label (which only gives a rounded value) blocks the view of graph. Also tried printing the new graph and it failed miserably.

CheLei
Recovery Runner

I agree with the post above.  Please change the page back to the way it was, or offer the option to link to the old page.  Please put back features such as:

• Show data on graphs to the nearest tenth instead of rounding 
  • Show points on the graphs
  • Allow the graph to show full history, more than just 2 years at a time
  • Return the horizontal lines in the graphs to help see trends
  • Show date on graphs when hovering over the date
  • Show weekly averages on graphs in one-year mode and monthly averages in full-history mode

The old page was just about right. The new page does not show data clearly.

Status changed to: Released
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @UncleBoarder and commenters!

Thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re happy to let you know that this has been released implemented back into the Dashboard. You can find out more here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Upcoming-changes-to-the-Weight-Tracking-Page/m-....

Thank you for sharing your ideas and enthusiasm with the community.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.