Yearly Summary Email

So, apparently someone decided to stop sending these out. Basically for those who don't know, these are like the weekly summary emails, but for the year. It's something to look forward to at the new year to see how you've changed. 

Obviously, my suggestion is to bring these back. Not sure why they would have ever been taken away in the first place. 

Moderator Edit: Updated label

14 Comments
NancyPat
Runner

I obtained my own stats as of Jan 1st, posted them on facebook so I can have a record of how many steps/miles I got in during 2016. That way, its a record to compare activity levels, persistence, consistency... and its personal (if you post it so only you can see it).

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree this would be a nice feature. Sending out a total of steps, calories burned, active minutes etc.

crazyqueet
Base Runner

I would like this feature as well. Just joined the fitbit community and this sounds great!!

J-flex
Distance Runner

This information is available on the dashboard.  Click onto the log and then activities.  From there you are able to set the dates you want to see your results.

JanisB
First Steps

My husband and I were so bummed when we didn't get our annual step count.  He's 81 and we think had over 6,000,000 steps this year!💪

mimi7099
Jogger

J-flex, thank you for that information! I didn't know that was there and am happy to see the yearly totals!

DCat
Base Runner

The Year in Review that they used to send out was so much more than what you can grab off of the website and they were cool.  For reasons as still unexplained, I stopped receiving them years ago. Years before they stopped sending them out, years before they decided not to send them. I really missed them because i had a transitional year in there due to a medical issue. I was told, you can grab the information from the website, you can't. It would be nice if they could bring them back.

Canzian30
First Steps

I sent an email to Fitbit looking for my "year-in-review" numbers and was told that they stopped publishing this year, why?  I like seeing my numbers and also makes me try harder, do better if my numbers are down.   Please restore this service, there's a lot of us that like it.

Claudia

aknese
First Steps

This is something I look forward to receiving and am annoyed that they discontinued it for the year but will do it every week.

Obviously, my suggestion as well is to bring these back. Not sure why they would have ever been taken away in the first place

ScrapjenB
Strider

I haven't received my weekly summary for two weeks in a row now ... hope they aren't stopping it too! I've been with Fitbit forever and remember the annual report and agree, that summary was great. A monthly report would be nice too. They have the data, how hard can it be to just compile it for us?

AMenke
First Steps

Agreed. It was really nice to have data to support goal changes. A Fitibit support person showed me where to find similar data with my Dashboard, but it wasn't as robust or convenient as the yearly email. 

Status changed to: Existing Feature
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @rmstiffler thanks for sharing this. The yearly summary reports do still exist, they come out in early February. You will need to make sure:

• Your Notification option for "Product Updates" is checked in your account settings
  • Your account's email address is correct
  • You have a tracker paired to your account, and have synced steps in the past 6 months

Do contact customer support if you encounter any issues with delivery. Thanks!

rmstiffler
Recovery Runner
Yeah, I tried that last year. Nothing. And when I told Support they said they discontinued them.
gberntson
First Steps

Can we resurrect this request?  I understand that this is not planned, and likely may have some challenges as a feature (as the false positive rate could be annoying for some users), but as an opt in feature for those of us that leave our phones and walk away from them to get an _early_ reminder that we don't have our phone -- it could be a life saver (a phone saver really).

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.