iOS Widget on Notification Center lock screen

I'd like to see an iOS 8 notification widget to be able to view my daily stats with a quick swipe down from Notification Center.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

137 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
That's just a junky third party app. Who knows whether that even works with iOS10. Fitbit needs to incorporate this feature in the app IMO. These are basic features for current apps these days.
Lewland5
Jogger
Yeah, Fitbit doesn't really work well with iOS. I have to use a third party syncing app just to sync it. I think Fitbit and Apple don't get along well.
peanutless
Jogger

I agree, A Fitbit widget for the iOS update would be great and make the fitbit more useful in this update software environment.  Consider my voice added to your software update requests.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would like to see this too.  The Mod's comment is really invalid.  Lots of Widgets have updated info due to background app refresh.  In fact, the settings for my Fitbit App currently have Background App Refresh as "on", along with various other access (i.e. contacts, photos, location, etc.)

The Widget should show steps obviously, but battery level would be nice too.  It would also be nice if you could start a "sleep" from it as well.  "Track Exercise" and "Set Alarm" would probably be useful too.  I don't use it, but I bet others would like to "Log Food".  If it simply had that + that's in the App and you could log anything that's there right from the Widget, that would be pretty awesome!

Lewland5
Jogger
Agreed. I would like to get my stats on the fly. Can't really do that if you have to open the app every time and wait several seconds for it to load. Would be nice to have it ready at all times.
V414
First Steps

Waste of time.  No one from fitbit is listening.  Thanks, fitbit.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

You don't know that, generally the only response from Fitbit is when a featured request appears in an update. 

V414
First Steps

Hahahaha -- sure thing, Mr. Hopeful.  I applaud your patience and your optimism.  I'm lothe to point out how long its been since this feature was first requested and how many people have since echoed that request.  No one from fitbit has bothered to respond nor has this feature ever been rolled out (obviously).  

Lewland5
Jogger
That figures. I think Fitbit and Apple don't have a very good relationship. Nothing of Fitbits work very well with my Apple devices. Well...maybe someday.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend
I wasn't being hopefull, just commenting what I've been noticing, also what has been said when there is a moderator response.
FYI the moderators are not the developers and sometimes they only know a little more than we do.
Lewland5
Jogger
I've said many times that Fitbit doesn't have a good relationship with Apple. I've never been told otherwise, by Fitbit or anyone else.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

How good of a relationship is needed to write an app or widget for a phone? Other than approval to drop the app in the store, I don't know what else would be needed. 

Lewland5
Jogger
That's pretty much it. Don't know why they won't do it. Unless Apple doesn't like Fitbit infringing on THEIR products. Why is it that I have to use third parties to sync Fitbit with my Apple devices. Fitbit will not sync with Apple but it syncs with MFP and MFP syncs with Apple. Otherwise I have to use Power Sync.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend
Your tracker only syncs with the Fitbit server, MFP and other sites retrieve the data through web services. Having. Widget on the screen of uh iPhone does not need to sync to apple.. The widget only needs to connect to your phones spp
Lewland5
Jogger
I understand all that, so why won't they do it?
iOS10Widget
Jogger
Hello, Please build a new Widget for iOS10 which includes steps, floor etc. It would be so easy just to Swipe and see how I'm doing.
Momom
First Steps
I would. LOVE to see a Fitbit widget for IOS 10. So many of my apps sync to it, which makes them easy to check in to. Any idea when/if this will happen?

Thanks!
Lewland5
Jogger
I have no idea. It's up to Fitbit but I hear people have been asking for it for a long time!
dmanparis
Premium User
Jogger

I've been asking for the same thing but the helpdesk told me to take it up with Apple. Strange response and I hope this forum is the right space for this..

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
It would e nice if their was a widget for the Fitbit app. Maybe the widget could show how many steps or charge level.
Craigmoyer
First Steps
Are there plans for an iOS widget for the Fitbit app? Would be nice to just swipe left and see the apps information.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I find interesting that a widget is for the iOS phone but the labels are for everything but iOS? 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

This being a duplicate request I suggest adding your votes to the current request with the most votes, if only to not split the votes. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Widgets-iOS-10/idi-p/1620936

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Yes for the Fitbit app.

--

*Yoey Garfield* *Video Editor**, YG Films*
yoeythedrummer@gmail.com | http://yoeythedrummer.wix.com/videos
matt_mcawesome
Recovery Runner
Just another user hoping this comes to light soon. It looks like this request has been going for quite some time. I would hope that Fitbit are listening, they were pretty good at sending out replacement Surges when the community pointed out the straps were rubbish so there's a chance I guess...
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.