Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access old clock face after STUDIO deprecation?

So I created a custom clock face a while ago for fun, and I loved it. Logged in to make a small change and see that Fitbit Studio is completely deprecated. I saw a note about "if you don't log in and export your project it's gone".

(A) What the absolute heck? I understand why they deprecated studio, but why delete all of the data so people can't access their previous source? What a TERRRIBLE practice, send out an email, and if people don't go manually download the source then it's lost forever. The REAL crazy part? I searched my email, and no email came through about it. I never delete emails either, so I'm very confused.

(B) Is there any way to potentially pull applications FROM the device itself maybe? I just want to make a simple change, and I don't want to completely re-write the clock face from scratch?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @ECCsimmons  - it does seem odd to delete the repository.

Using the Dos like command interface instead of Fitbit Studio requires an installation of stuff on your PC which can be both invasive and problematic.

Can you try contacting support and report back if you got the source as others have the same predicament.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We’re extending the time that Fitbit Studio will be available in read-only mode to give you an opportunity to export any projects you currently have within the tool.  

You must export your projects from Fitbit Studio before August 15, 2023, after which they will be permanently deleted. This will be your final opportunity to export your projects. 

To export, login to Fitbit Studio and export each project to download its source code.

If you are automatically redirected to dev.fitbit.com when attempting to access studio.fitbit.com, you may need to clear your browser cache.

Best Answer