Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing Fitbit OS 2.0 and Our Brand New Simulator!

Introducing the latest awesome offerings for Fitbit developers: Fitbit OS 2.0 and our new multi-device simulator. Developers can now rapidly build applications and clock faces for Fitbit Ionic and the new Fitbit Versa, without having to purchase a device.

https://dev.fitbit.com/blog/2018-03-13-announcing-fitbit-os-2.0-and-simulator/

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Oh so helpful already and I've only used it for 5 min. 🙂

The simulator I mean. 

Best Answer

Congratulations on shipping.

Best Answer

Amazing simulator, it's make the work so much easier. thank you.

Fitbit Ionic, Nokia 7 plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not bad. If, in addition to that, FitBit will make the CLI utility to sync the project tree between the local FS and the Fitbit Studio (given that the studio already has REST API for files upload, I would estimate myself doing it in about 1-2 weeks worst case), then people will be able to use Git, npm, and normal JS IDE. And it will be even possible to develop some software.

What I would do, though, is adding the JS build to the emulator itself with an option to completely bypass Fitbit Studio and use it just as a bridge to upload the compiled application to the device.

Best Answer

I'm getting an error on the simulator:

Simulator failed to start: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1: 69381

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'd bet that this is caused by a firewall blockage.
Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmTewrote:

@Gondwanawrote:
I'd bet that this is caused by a firewall blockage.

I tried restarting the computer, adding an exception to Windows Firewall and turning off the antivirus, but it still doesn't work. I'm on 64-bit Windows 7 on Pentium Dual-Core if that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to allow about four firewall rules to be created before it worked. Try disabling your firewall temporarily, just to see if that's what the problem is.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fantastic news - thank you for adding this feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmTewrote:

Same with me 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like for sugar to be included as one of the macronutrients that the app has.  That way I can view my sugar intake for the day.

Best Answer

Same here, even with all firewalls off and anti virus. still not connecting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spent some time with the emulator and have to admit that it makes the development experience much less terrible than it was before. I even started to like it. But still, it's rather mediocre without the local file system sync. Fitbit Studio is a far cry from normal JS IDEs like JetBrains WebStorm or Visual Studio Code.

And yes, it seems that it doesn't work for windows. What could I say? Join 4% of lucky guys and buy yourself a mac :).

Best Answer
0 Votes

The simulator is an improvement on the development process for sure.

Working without issue on my Windows 10 64 bit machine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Love the new simulator. I can now develop while I wait for my Versa to arrive. 

Problem, I can't get the soft buttons to work. I have imported the extra stuff, followed the examples, the buttons show up and change when clicked but the onactivate function is never ran. As in the examples I'm just trying to output to the console log.

I have the hard buttons working fine. Is there an issue with the soft buttons?

Edit: onclick works.

I read in another thread that if the button was nested in seveal svgs it might not work but mine is only one deep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I read, that there is an issue if you use softbuttons (combobuttons) in views.

In my app onactivate also doesn't work, and also only onclick.

I hope, that this bug will be fixed in the new OS-Version

Capitano

Best Answer

The simulator uses a 12 hour clock.  Is there a way to make it 24hr?  To test the Ionic, I can install my app on my personal watch, however I don't have a Versa to do this with.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's in its early stages, I imagine options will be added over time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The simulator is really cool (I'm awaiting my Versa), but it would be nice if there was a way to simulate the vibrate - I'm writing an app that will use the vibrate, but I can't tell if it's working! 

Thanks.

Embedded developer, www.ambientpower.co.uk
Ukulele stuff, www.coolcatukes.com
Best Answer