Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing Fitbit OS 2.2 - The Versioning!

Fitbit OS 2.2 has begun staged rollout.

Check out what's new for developers:

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

It is incredibly frustrating that the rollout has been extremely slow or halted now, while all the API reference docs are on version 2 now.

The docs don't even show what was added in version 2, so we're in a really bad state. I don't know what I can or cannot use if I want to get an SDKv1 app quickly to the users.

Best Answer

@artaud wrote:

It is incredibly frustrating that the rollout has been extremely slow or halted now, while all the API reference docs are on version 2 now.

The docs don't even show what was added in version 2, so we're in a really bad state. I don't know what I can or cannot use if I want to get an SDKv1 app quickly to the users.

For now you'll be best sticking with SDK1 apps, the new APIs are listed on the blog post, but we will try to get the API version numbers added to the reference documentation in a future update.

https://dev.fitbit.com/blog/2018-10-05-announcing-fitbit-os-2.2/

Best Answer

I gather (based on k-pay experience) that SDK2 apps have less memory available for app JS code and data (presumably due to the increased size of the includes). I'm already having to pare back the capability of my current project to fit it into memory using SDK1, so I'd prefer not to have to build against SDK2. Will it be a problem if I only ever release a SDK1 version? Will this remain compatible with SDK2 devices (assuming I don't use any SDK2-specific features)?

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer