Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Alarm App: Attach a function to run in the background

ANSWERED

Since the Ionic's alarm doesn't wake me up in the morning, I wanted to create my own alarm that would ring continuously until I turned it off.  Unfortunately, I can't see a way to attach a function to run while the watch app is closed.  Is this possible with the current SDK?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's not possible right now, but you can vote on that feature suggestion.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

It's not possible right now, but you can vote on that feature suggestion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can create a clockface.
Use the setInterval instead of the onclick, then you'll running all over the time.
Use the Web API to get the Alarm settings, or do it inside your clockface via Settings.
If you reach your wake time, then you can use the haptics functionality to let your Ionic vibrate as along as you touch on the screen or go into another app (HW-Buttons does not work for clockfaces).

Just a suggestion...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like the idea, but it would be a bit sketchy as the clock face needs to be open. If another app is open instead, it won't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Due to this, I've already returned my Fitbit and bought a Huawei Watch 2 Classic instead. A functional alarm was the main reason I bought the Ionic besides loving the look and battery life. The alarm being basically useless is a deal breaker for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes