Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise App Quits Unexpectedly - Bug Report

Hi Fitbit Team,

Great work with the Ionic, thanks for the effort and passion which is clearly evident.

On Tuesday, I was excited to go for a run with Ionic (running 1.1 Beta 1). Completed my run and paused the Ionic as I was intending to resume for some sprints etc but when I looked again it was back at the main Watchface / Clock - the run was not saved and doesn't show on the workout page in the app. I put it down to me waiting too long to save and something timed out and probably user error.

This evening I was excited to go for my second run with the Ionic (now running 1.1 Beta 2 - ver 30.3.2). I checked a few times and everything was working great. After about 2km, I looked at the screen and blank (I've setup screen to stay on during a run). Did the wrist flick, saw a notification so used the back button to clear and I'm mysteriously back at the Watchface. Restarted the exercise app again, restarted my run and another notification. Check watch, exercise app has quit again. All the while, I had music playing from Ionic and not a beat was missed (previous time I was not playing music from Ionic). As above, the run was not recorded and no history is visible however steps / heart rate continued to count.

Long story short, my synopsis is it appears that if a notification comes in while an exercise is in progress, the app dies and there's no resume. I've now changed the notification setting so that notifications do not come through during a workout, I'll see if that fixes the problem for my next run (probably Saturday morning).

I hope this is something that can be investigated, it's imperative that a fitness watch does fitness properly! Rather kill music / other background services but the Exercise App should never die.

P.S. I fully understand this is Beta firmware and there may be some bugs, hence the report.

Cheers

Dale

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I too had this happen twice yesterday, when I was logging walks with GPS on! It seems both times the exercise crashed when a notification came in and I tried to look at it.

I was just about to report this too when I saw your post.  

Best Answer

This particular issue is keeping me from updating to the beta firmware. 
Tried to reproduce this issue on the release 27.25.16.7 firmware and notifications come in fine while in an exercise.
I'm curious to know how this issue progresses and if it's fixed in a following beta release.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will see if I can find out more about this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there been an update to the beta that addresses this and some of the other fitness tracking issues reported in this forum.

If not is there a beta update scheduled for the near future.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@avanarden wrote:

Has there been an update to the beta that addresses this and some of the other fitness tracking issues reported in this forum.

If not is there a beta update scheduled for the near future.

The developer preview beta firmware doesn't include any updates related to other issues, it's purely a version of the firmware which supports app development using the Fitbit SDK.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That doesn't really answer what I asked.

There are several significant fitness tracking issued documented on this forum specific to the beta. I therefore expect active development addressing some of these issues and update to the beta firmware or an upcoming release in the near future.

Can we expect another beta update soon?

I understand if you can't provide release schedule details but though I would ask.

Best Answer
0 Votes