Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Stuck in a boot loop

ANSWERED

So beware developers. I made a custom clock face app, and make a mistake in the syntax. Did not add (#) to the mask id. Since then my ionic has been in a boot loop. it boots and the fitbit icon shows up, then it loads to the blank clock face (I assume the side loaded clock face) and then reboots.

Any idea how to get out of this ? Did I just totally destroy my watch using a clock face? 

Big deterrent to any developer. A clock face (specially one that uses no additional apis) show not possess the ability to boot loop. 

Previously when the tracker restarted, it would revert to the original clock face, but not this time. Currently watching it restart over and over again waiting for the battery to die basically.

Any ideas on how to hard reset (like the HR maybe) ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
53 REPLIES 53

This was the only thing that worked for me! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It never vibrated, do I let the die at this point and then charge back up? I just got it Feb 2019

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your assistance in helping me solve this issue would be greatly appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started it this morning. The instructions are a little vague. Once you get to the “data not erased” stop. Go to your phone, ad device back into your app. It should update and be fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not getting the "data not erased". When I hold down the left button and bottom right the logo disappears after about 8 secs.  I then held down all three buttons waiting for the logo to reappear but it never does. When I release all three buttons, after about 15 secs the logo comes on and the watch vibrates. The logo remains on and flash occasionally until the battery dies. This is frustrating since I really like this watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have told hold down all 3, let it come on, go off twice, then let go of the bottom right button and when it vibrates lat go of the other 2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the red X but I took too long to set up the ionic and it went back to the logo screen.

Now when I press all 3 buttons it shuts off after 8secs but it does not come back on  if I keep holding down the buttons.

It comes back to the logo screen by itself after about 45secs after releasing all buttons

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ionic stuck with the logo, run the factory reset I now have a blank screen bloody annoying

Best Answer
0 Votes

on step no5 I don't get any vibration from the watch, even after a minute, instead it seems it turned off. so I did wait for 30 minutes and nothing happened. when I push back it turns on and is again in boot loop. is it dead?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TM272 wrote:

on step no5 I don't get any vibration from the watch, even after a minute, instead it seems it turned off. so I did wait for 30 minutes and nothing happened. when I push back it turns on and is again in boot loop. is it dead?

You have to get the timing right when you release that bottom right button. If you do it correctly you'll get the vibration.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Lox83BR , I had the same experience right after the swimming, It was fine until then. And now I am still stuck with this reboot loop and not getting out through it. Tried 3 button reset at-least 50 times but no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

my ionic wasn't bathed at all. if your ionic is under warranty it will get replaced. it not, you'll get discount offer. if the 3-button reset sequence doesn't work for you I don't have any other advise, my ionic got reset after about 20th attempt, but then completely died on next sync with the app and I haven't ever turned them on since. my ionic was under warranty, I got replacement.

Best Answer

Following these helpful steps!!! I’m not getting the red X! Just back to the loop.

fitbit customer service was no help, and rude AF! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey...this reset did not work for me. My ionic tried updating and now its stuck on the logo screen and won't move. My watch is only 6 months old. 

Best Answer
0 Votes