Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to upload images to the Ionic?

The Fitbit app does not seem to have an option to upload image files to the Ionic.   In the App, the most logical way is to navigate to the Ionic -> click on "Media".   But the "Media" functionality only shows two options, 

1.) Pandora

2.) Personal Music

Any idea if Fitbit is working to add more options to include images (jpg, animated gifs, png, etc)? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Do you mean upload images for use within an application created using the SDK?

You'd need to transfer the files yourself using the File Transfer API.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm asking about the ability for normal users (non developers) to upload images to the Ionic for storage.  With the possibility for developers to create another custom App to view those images that are stored locally on the Ionic.   

For example, the Samsung Gear 3 comes built-in with a "Image Viewer" app which allows users to transfer their own photos via the Gear 3 App to the smartwatch to be viewed with the "Image Viewer". 

Best Answer

Ah I see. Sounds like a good idea to submit to the suggestions page.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/idb-p/features

Best Answer

I would like this ability to have pics on my ionic so that I could choose those images as background! I would love to be able to look down and see my kiddos throughout the day 😍 please help

Best Answer

@Heather1985 wrote:

I would like this ability to have pics on my ionic so that I could choose those images as background! I would love to be able to look down and see my kiddos throughout the day 😍 please help

The easiest way would be to build your own clock face. Follow the Getting Started tutorial, upload it to the gallery manager, then install it on your device.

https://dev.fitbit.com/getting-started/#overview

Best Answer

I would like to store images of my loyalty cards barcodes. I’m sure you can all see the wisdom in this. The Pebble had an app just for bar codes. It worked great

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've developed an app (and associated web site) that allows uploading arbitrary images. I tried to post a link to the app, but the forum software disallows that. 😞 I was hoping to get a few volunteers to test it before I submit it for release.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gondwana I can do some testing ....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerThanks. I tried to send you a private mesage with the link, but that was blocked too. 😞 I think I'll just submit the app for official review and hope for the best.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gondwana no problem. Offer is there if needed. Am sure a way could be found ....

Best Answer
0 Votes

If anyone would like to test an app for uploading user images to an Ionic, see here. This app hasn't been approved by Fitbit yet.

While I would appreciate any suggestions, I've been slaving away on this for almost four months now so I'm mostly in need of encouragement!

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes