Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Localization File - string hashes to sames value as another string

Hi,

I get the below error when trying to use a localization file as a store for a large number of key-value pairs. 

gnitz_0-1605634631508.png

I was trying to do this primarily to limit the amount of data that is sent back and forth between the watch and companion app.  The data in the localization file is in the below format and consists of a bunch of UK station codes and station names. There are roughly 2600 such key value pairs that I want to store in the file.

Any idea what could be causing this and how it can be resolved?

msgid "ABW"
msgstr "AbbeyWood"

msgid "ABE"
msgstr "Aber"

msgid "ACY"
msgstr "Abercynon"

msgid "ABA"
msgstr "Aberdare"

msgid "ABD"
msgstr "Aberdeen"

msgid "AUR"
msgstr "Aberdour"

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

It seems like the hash function is somehow generating the same value for 2 of your keys. Can you try changing one of those keys?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did try that earlier but it then gave me an error for another set of keys. I tried it again just now and continued changing values until I had gone through 12-15 of them. There seem to be too many collisions for this to be a hashing related issue, perhaps it's something else?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the hash is too weak. If you could send me the entire original file, I'll get it logged as a firmware issue. Please email devrelations at fitbit dot com

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Jon, I've sent the file over now.

Best Answer
0 Votes