Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorial for Direct Link Private Clock Face Installation

I am a newbie to Fitbit development. I have completed my first simple clock face. I have sideloaded it to my Versa2 and it works fine. I have also loaded it to the Gallary App Manager and generated a direct link. From there I can't figure out how to load it to my Versa2 without publishing it publicly (maybe). I hesitate to do this as the clock face is very simple, but serves a purpose for me, but probably no one else. Here is the description: 

A simple clock face with an oversized heart rate display so I can read my heart rate without my glasses while I work out. The heart rate will change colors as follows:
>= 149 Red
>= 132 Orange
>= 115 Yellow
>= 99 Green
Otherwise Blue

These colors correspond to an Afterburn or Orange theory workout.

Can anyone tell me how to load this clock face without side loading it?  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Try browsing to the private link in a browser on the phone that has the Fitbit mobile app installed on it.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Gondwana. I tried that. It opens a page with no links and a button to open the app that doesn't work. I assume by open app it means the Fitbit mobile app. I can take a screen shot if that would be helpful. Any other ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm, that sounds very close. You could try appending /openapp to the private link URL, but I've never known the button not to work (if it appears at all). I'm assuming you're doing this on the same phone/tablet that has the Fitbit mobile app installed.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @arwin1 - what @Gondwana  says but there are a few caveats.

• it may not work from an iPad, there was a bug
  • it may not work in Landscape mode
  • the watch must be syncing to your mobile phone

If you see OPEN APP in your phone browser click on it and it should load.

If you see OOPs no internet connection in the Gallery tile have a look at No internet connection 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried /openapp on the end of the URL, but it didn't work. I wonder if there is something corrupt in the way I imported the file into GAM? I added a description and screenshot, but they didn't appear on the linked webpage where it looks like they should have. I'll find the email where I can request the project be deleted and try again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using an android phone for Fitbit mobile and it is linked to my Versa2.  I wonder if there is something corrupt in the way I imported the file into GAM? I added a description and screenshot, but they didn't appear on the linked webpage where it looks like they should have. I'll find the email where I can request the project be deleted and try again. To whom it may concern: Seems like an oversight that the developer can't delete a project from GAM.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I tried it again today. The description and screenshot appeared in the link and it worked just fine. I guess the project just wasn't done baking. 😀

Best Answer

@arwin1 - perhaps it's a public link that you submitted it for re-approval. In which case the changes don't take affect till it is approved?

If that is not the case any update should be immediate.

Just so you know you can always create a new GAM project and rename the package.json.

A rebuild will create a new one with a new UUID which you can use to add to the new project.

Give the old GAM project another name which will give you an immediate solution.

Once your new project is approved you can always use the old (must be anunpublished one ) for testing once the new one is approved.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes