Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite first clock face

ANSWERED

Hi,

I am trying to follow the Getting Started guide to create my first clock face for my Versa Lite. Fitbit Studio is connected to the simulator.  Both are set to target the Versa Lite. I also changed the SDK version to 4.3. However, it is not building. Is it because my fitbit is an older model?  Thanks.

This is the output text:

• One or more build targets was invalid: atlas, vulcan
  • package.jsonError: Project configuration is invalid
  • Build failed.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Studio doesn't make this easy. Try renaming package.json to package.json.txt, make the changes, then rename it back.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

You need to get rid of build targets 'atlas' and 'vulcan', and use 'gemini'. That's done in package.json.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Thank you. I now understand where the issue is, but can't change the package.json in Fitbit Studio. When I click on it on the left, it doesn't show the code on the right. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Studio doesn't make this easy. Try renaming package.json to package.json.txt, make the changes, then rename it back.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

I found the answer on another post: rename package.json to package.txt, edit out the vulcan and atlas, rename back to package.json

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found the answer fto the missing gui files by renaming existing index.defs to index.gui and widget.defs to widgets.gui.

Now I need to find out what goes in the companion/index.js file.  It is empty at the moment.

Getting closer.  Thanks for helping along.

Best Answer

For anyone that stops by looking for the answers as I was, here are a few more tips:

This is for creating a clock face for the Fitbit Versa Lite.

Make the changes to the simulator and Fitbit Studio as I did on my first post.

Also, in FitBit Studio, where it says 'Select Phone' and 'Select Device', change both to the simulator.

Then you'll be able to build and run the clock face app after making the following changes.

Then rename existing index.defs and widget.defs to index.gui and widgets.gui, respectively.

If you receive errors about companion/index and settings/index, close the clock face project.

Then create a new project but select the 'Settings' project option.

Copy the contents of companion/index.js and paste them into the index.js file for your clock face project.

Do the same for the settings/index.js: copy from the new project and paste to the clock face project.

After doing all these steps, the test app/clock face built and ran just fine.  Hope this helps others.

I'll be around if any questions arise and I'm able to help.

Best Answer

Sorry, the above index.defs and widget.defs are under the resources folder.

Best Answer
0 Votes