Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch crashed while deploying

RE: WATCH CRASH

Whilst deploying an application to my watch it crashed and there is only faint white lines showing (see picture).

I have tried a soft boot (left and bottom right keys) and this did not help.

I have tried to restore it to factory settings by re-setting up the device. It can connect to the watch, but the watch cannot show the pin number I need to set it up.

My thoughts were:

* is there a way to override the pin number (ie. default pin).

* is there a way you can force a firmware update from your end or

* if there a way to reboot the watch.

I cannot find a support number for Australia to call. If there is one, can you please let me know what it is.

20171116_223508.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

And I have put in an email to support.

Also, I the watch still syncs to the Android mobile app in this state and I can change clock faces (it vibrates to indicate change). It is also still collecting Fitbit data which is synced to the mobile app

It also briefly showed the changed clock face (once only) when I moved the watch to look at it. I cannot repeat this though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Support email said that I need to ask here. I have performed a factory reset. The screen now is black and does not show anything the sensor at the back is working so I know it is on. 

I am guessing it is a hardware issue and I will need to send it back. What I need to know is have I voided the warranty by developing on it? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Development on your Fitbit Ionic does not void the warranty as long as you were using the tools we provide and not trying to do anything funny 😉

When you were doing the factory reset, did you see anything on the screen? Do you see the fitbit logo if you try to reboot the watch with 3 buttons pressed for 15seconds?

thomas

Best Answer
0 Votes