Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Developers Want Most

Lots of cool ideas there. But I have a few requests as a developer!

1) The iteration cycle of connecting the device to the server is really slow. It takes time to reconnect whenever the connection is dropped. Is there a possibility of getting an emulator inside of the development environment? Or an updated power cable that also provides data transfer capabilities so we can deploy software locally, without needing to be connected to the studio environment and server.

2) Can you please fix the onmouseup and onmousedown Touch Events? There is a bug where each one fires regardless of whether or not you swipe up or down.

Thanks for your time!

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

It is also hard to do version control with an online only editor. At least provide a way to import projects from local disk as well

Best Answer

I would add this, which with over 4000 votes, is one of the most requested features:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Smart-Alarms-that-wake-you-more-naturally/idc-p/...

Now if it only was easier to detect sleep state...

Right @TechnoBuddhist ? Smiley Tongue

Best Answer

@paperinik Indeedy!! But the alarm isn't quite enough for me, but with only 5 votes Can I determine the current sleep stage? isn't gonna get developed!! Smiley Sad

I'll probably get it done myself before then, I'm already logging my overnight stats every 1 second, just working on getting it onto companion and up to server, then I'd like to open it up to grab as much anonymous data as possible and try to get Machine Learning to help determine sleep stage.  Given FitBit already has this algorithm I'd love them to see if they can create an API for itSmiley Happy, but maybe the algorithm is too intensive to do it realtime on the device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

but maybe the algorithm is too intensive to do it realtime on the device."

It doesn't need to have the same level of accuracy. Other devices do this already (Pebble being one of them, for which *cough* *cough* FitBit has access to source code) 😉
And I would say that Pebble was quite accurate: I had a watch face that would vibe each hour on the hour and avoid doing that when sleep was detected. It worked great.... so... 🙂

Best Answer

@jedld wrote:

It is also hard to do version control with an online only editor. At least provide a way to import projects from local disk as well

You kinda can do it now if you select your app + resources folders and drag them to the empty area of the file list.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I separated this discussion from the User Wants post. developer feature suggestions can be discussed here, but we do have the "sdk" label in the feature suggestions page, be sure to vote there.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/idb-p/features/label-name/sdk/tab/most-kudoed

Best Answer
0 Votes