Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Users Want Most

Here are a list of requested apps/features that users are requesting.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/idb-p/features/label-name/fitbit%20app%20gallery...

We thought it might be good food for thought for developers who need inspiration!

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Hmm, maybe I should check with support then. When I click on a notification, it just says when it was sent and then "Gmail". It doesn't expand the email text at all.

Edit: Found this thread- https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Ionic-does-not-display-messages-only-notifies-me-of-one-Cannot...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check that email notifications are set up on your phone to show previews. On iPhone-settings-notifications-mail-googlemail(for example)-options-show previews-always

However it seems a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it’s not displaying content, sometimes it does.  Can’t quite get to see the pattern of why.

There is a 11 line limit anyhow of the expanded view of messages.

I dont turn on email notifications as I get too many and the other notifications seems to work reliably enough - text, calendar, Facebook messenger etc

Best Answer
0 Votes

Proper Ski tracking. Even older Garmin products have the option for smart ski tracking (GPS switches off while you are ont the lift). I dont see why wouldnt it be possible with the Fitbit. I just want to upgrade from Fitbit Surge to Ionic, but lack of this option made me think about other products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@paperinikwrote:

I am starting to think that even choosing JS over other languages is a signal that FitBit never meant to turn this into something more useful than a glorious Watchface development kit. Smiley Sad

Please do expand upon this. Is there something specific that you think another language could accomplish that JavaScript can't? 

The JS community has a lot of momentum right now. It's the universal language of the web.

Best Answer

I know this question wasn't directed at me, but I do find it surprising that an interpreted language is used on a device with a 120MHz CPU. (It's probably semi-compiled to a form of bytecode, but still requires an interpreter at run-time.)

I would have gone for something that could have been compiled to machine code. Java springs to mind, although its libraries might be a bit big.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
It's the universal language of the web.

Exactly. In other words my speculation is that FitBit is targeting mostly web developers. Compare with other platforms' choices (mostly C and derivatives) and add the fact that the API surface and capabilities at the moment are extremely limited, and this theory gains more weight.

I will keep my opinion on JS for myself since I don't want to start a religious war and I've done already enough damage hijacking this thread. Hit me with a PM and we can start a lighter conversation there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly. In other words my speculation is that FitBit is targeting mostly web developers.

Well, I am the web developer and I can confirm that they rather missed the target :). Me, at least. I'm not going to do anything in an environment with no VCS, no full-featured IDE, no control over the build process, and no means for debugging, and with an SDK having critical problems unfixed for months with no public bug tracker and public roadmap. It's despite the fact that I like the general idea to use SVG/CSS/TypeScript to program the embedded device UI.

Best Answer

@gapertonwrote:

Exactly. In other words my speculation is that FitBit is targeting mostly web developers.

Well, I am the web developer and I can confirm that they rather missed the target :). Me, at least. I'm not going to do anything in an environment with no VCS, no full-featured IDE, no control over the build process, and no means for debugging, and with an SDK having critical problems unfixed for months with no public bug tracker and public roadmap. It's despite the fact that I like the general idea to use SVG/CSS/TypeScript to program the embedded device UI.

Agreed. We need git at the very least. Otherwise a command line tool with hooks to build remote would allow us to dev in our own IDE. Large projects seem impossible in a web based IDE with no version control.

Best Answer

I agree with both of you. My comment was related only towards the language part.

I've built my very own watchface and the environment was just perfect for that. Debugging as expected was painful due to the very forgiving nature of the language and the lack of debugging options.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like for sugar to be included as one of the macronutrients that the app has.  That way I can view my sugar intake for the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like for sugar to be included as one of the macronutrients that the app has.  That way I can view my sugar intake for the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All I want is something for rowing, I don’t want to adapt something else to accommodate rowing, I don’t want to enter it manually

fitbit loves to put up the latest fad exercise, but ignores the ones that are tried and tested, that really work

most gyms in the U.K. and the US have at least 3-4 in the gym

thrre are various other fitness watches that have rowing, but not even the ionic cant be arsed to have it there, but plenty of useless stuff, who wants to pay with a watch, all this does is spread your data even more

Best Answer

I tried to post to that forum, and the website puked all over itself. 

Things I am most interested in:

Service/cloud:

* Stop blocking my IP addresses

* Fix your Cloudflare integration; it doesn't work

Architecture

* Don't require an internet connection to sync time

* Don't require an internet connection to cache data from tracker to PC/mobile device

PC:

* Not requiring a fitbit wireless dongle to sync

* Bluetooth 4.1 support

* Bluetooth 4.2 support

* Not requiring a UWP app on Windows 10

* Not requiring a UWP app for USB support on a Blaze

Mobile:

* Better error messages

* make the app stop forgetting me

* make the app able to log in and stay logged in

* have a "sync now" button

If this list looks like I'd just like the thing to work as advertised, you're correct.  If my company didn't have an initiative to reduce our medical insurance premium by using Fitbit trackers, I'd have have gotten my money back months ago.  Generally speaking, none of it work.  Specifically speaking, it fails more often than it succeeds.

Best Answer

I wish my ionic would remind me to drink water, like it reminds me to move.

Best Answer
0 Votes

heart rate variability, ideally an average score during sleep/naps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to see mobiletrack on my Pixel 2, appaled it does not have it yet.

I cannot wear my blaze to work because it could arc, but have my phone on me at all times this feature should be on such a popular phone! Thanks and if its not possible how about a discount on a flex 2 ;)?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes!!  I have a rowing machine app that connects with my concept 2 rower.  it'd be cool if my versa could work with it, too.  

i don't care how.  just need someone to figure it out.  

rowers are being used more and more now that people are discovering how beneficial they are!!  you'd think fitbit would already be one that bandwagon!

Best Answer

Please add indoor rowing to the list of activities, or better yet, allow it to sync with Concept 2 rowers.  Thank you.

Best Answer

Yes, PLEASE. 🙋🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes