Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find project from retired FitBit studio

Hi,

I didn't reach the FitBit Studio for a while and suddenly figured out that it's retired. I had some projects there I want to develop further. Where can I find my projects? There is plenty of code I don't want to lost.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @koksos - unfortunately the code is lost and unless you exported it to a pc already you may not be able to retrieve it.

However try contacting app gallery support they may have a way of retrieving it.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We’re extending the time that Fitbit Studio will be available in read-only mode to give you an opportunity to export any projects you currently have within the tool.  

You must export your projects from Fitbit Studio before August 15, 2023, after which they will be permanently deleted. This will be your final opportunity to export your projects. 

To export, login to Fitbit Studio and export each project to download its source code.

If you are automatically redirected to dev.fitbit.com when attempting to access studio.fitbit.com, you may need to clear your browser cache.

Best Answer

This is a terrible way to treat your costumers, and yes, us developers here are also costumers. Specially considering we did not get any warning in the email regarding this. I was lucky I decided to look at Fitbit Studio by chance during this second time you made it available in read-only.

I really disagree with whoever decided this was the way to go about it. It is not so expensive to have Fitbit Studio up for longer in read-only. Maintenance should also be minimal in that state.

Best Answer

@Nailek Fitbit Studio is currently online in read-only mode. You must export your projects from Fitbit Studio before August 15, 2023, after which they will be permanently deleted. This will be your final opportunity to export your projects. 

Best Answer
0 Votes