Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authenticator app

ANSWERED

Hello FitBit community

Currently I have a kick starter pebble 2 and love it, one of the apps that I use every single day on it is my 2 factor authenticator app (QuickAuth) written by Kevin Cooper. It is great, I can keep my phone in my pocket but when logging into lastpass or my google account I can use my 2 factor key right from my wrist.

This app is the core of what a smart watch should accomplish it lets me keep my phone in my pocket more often! Is anyone aware of something similar for FitBitOS? If not I would happily support someone writing one, but I have very limited coding experience just some HTML

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jon,

I actually emailed the QuickAuth developer and he said he was getting a versa and was planning to write it for FitBitOS (rejoice!!!)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I've seen a few prototype versions, but doesn't look like they've made it into the app gallery yet. I used to use that all the time too, it's a great use case.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jon,

I actually emailed the QuickAuth developer and he said he was getting a versa and was planning to write it for FitBitOS (rejoice!!!)

Best Answer

huge +1. Other than the time and watch notifications, QuickAuth is the thing that I still depend on the most with my Pebble Time.

Having a 2FA app would make me seriously consider getting a Versa, and is a deal breaker for me without it. I'd gladly pay/donate for the app!

Best Answer

I've just added Fitbit support to an existing GACW Android App, which was originally created to support Android, Samsung Gear and Android Wear. Approval for the Fitbit app called "Google Auth" is pending, but direct link is available.

Advantages of integrating with Android's GACW: encrypted backups, QR bar code scanning, easy accounts transfer to watches. All smartwatches' apps are autonomous: after accounts are entered, a connection to a phone is not required to see an auth token. If you don't want to use GACW, you can enter accounts manually through Fitbit's settings. Details are here: https://credelius.com/credelius/?p=241#fitbit. Any feedback is appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes