Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show temperature on clock face

ANSWERED

I have been asked by a few users to show the temperature on the clock face. from what i have found is that there is no api to call a sensor and that we have to use a weather api ? is there a simple way to get just the temperature without having to get lots of weather info ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @sleedoh

You might want to check the following discussion where I posted a simple script to get the weather conditions. I'm confident you can easy implement it in your clockface.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

I don't know if there is an API to retrieve the temperature from the device, but would you want to use it anyway?  Consider being outside in cold weather and the device is on your warm arm underneath a thick jacket - I doubt that would give what you want.

I suspect that to give the user a meaningful temperature you will have to use a weather API to get an accurate value from a remote station.

John

Best Answer

Hello @sleedoh

You might want to check the following discussion where I posted a simple script to get the weather conditions. I'm confident you can easy implement it in your clockface.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not that uncommon.  Swimmers want to know the water temperature. Casio does a pretty good job of measuring the temperature.  Garmin has this feature now, bit I want to continue with Fitbit if possible 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To know the temperature you are in you need a temperature sensor. I really doubt all Garmin have a temperature sensor, maybe only the high end.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Garmin has a temperature sensor on their higher end smart watches.  Casio has it on their $50 dumb watches.  It is not that exotic.  The watches have to monitor temperatures to prevent overheating.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Barney4 Yes but if there is no hardware sensor it is impossible to be able to read the water temperature. And you posted your request in the SDK section so indeed app developers can't do anything about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know what SDK means.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Barney4 SDK Meaning

Also there is a pinned post about the purpose of this section of the forum

Best Answer

Software Developers Kit

Best Answer