Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are third-party apps available on Sense 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Sense 2 and have no idea how to install apps. Where is the app store? For example, I would like to install the Calendar app.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
207 REPLIES 207

@MattJ71- or even "Sense Less"!

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

@Guy_ 🤣

Best Answer

I mean all it would take is for a Moderator to come here and give an explanation. How hard can this be? Even if its just to say that currently there are no 3rd party apps, but support will be coming soon.

As it stands until we get such clarification, I would advise users to treat it as 3rd party app support has been completely dropped. What other conclusions can we make with zero feedback from Fitbit. It's upto the users how they wish to interpret the silence, but I have come to my own conclusion.

A little respect can go a long way. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@N8teGee this absence (or silent presence) of moderators is really puzzling. First users start getting their watches yet they can't count on any help here. I don't think it ever happened before. Unexplained utter lack of communication. As if the company is ashamed of the new products. That's why pre-ordering will be for many a big mistake. And now I have an opposite situation with Stryd pod. Despite I am very against pre-ordering I did pre-ordered the new Stryd pod because the company gave me all the answers I needed and it took just hours to know what I'm buying (without hiding anything). So I broke my no pre-ordering rule, because company communicates everything and they have excellent track record for their products. Fitbit dropped the ball here. No communication, support doesn't know what they try to sell to people, total mess. As much as I am not believing all the Google-Fitbit conspiracy theories I am starting to think that this is a very first release much affected by Google becayse I can't believe Fitbit would shoot own foot like that 😯

Best Answer

It is a mystery to me how this product was released.  They removed so much functionality and ease of use from the original Sense.  This is more a "health tracker" than a smartwatch at this point, and not an intuitive one at that....

Best Answer

Just immediately returned mine due to this and missing Google Assistant.

Best Answer

Just double checked in german fitbit store. In "features" section, Sense 1 is mentioned to have "apps on your wrist, tons of apps....".

Nothing similar for sense 2. For me it sounds like fitbit has no commitment to offer the ability for 3rd party apps.

Due to this, we've just canceled our preorder for sense 2 and versa 4. To many "coming soon", "coming maybe" etc. 

Best Answer

The sad thing is, I wouldn't be mad at a dedicated fitness tracker with the features of the Sense 2 and minimal smart watch features. I've been testing out a Garmin VivoMove 3s and I love that it looks like a normal analog watch. It has some smart features like phone notifications and bluetooth music controls, but it's pretty unassuming.

Get rid of the stupid premium paywall, drop the price accordingly, and stop making these fake trackers LOOK like smartwatches without proper smartwatch features. Simplify the watch design (like the Luxe or old Alta) or come out with a hybrid watch that has all of the health and fitness features and don't present your product as a smartwatch. 

It's clear that Fitbit is trying to appeal to people by making watches that resemble and Apple Watch. Stop misleading us.

Best Answer

I installed the Find My Phone app (it's one I used on my Ionic) but I can't add it to my tiles, so it's worthless.  If anyone else has figured out how to add Find My Phone to the tile options, please share.  I just got the Sense 2 yesterday and sadly it feels like it's even a downgrade from the Ionic on the app front. 😞

Best Answer

They definitely need to add the calendar app.  I don't know why the Sense 2 has fewer apps than the Sense, that makes zero sense. You can at least update the notifications on your phone so that your get calendar event notifications.

Best Answer

I do not think it is possible to add any app to tiles - if it is not listed in tiles setting. Just launch it from apps menu.

Best Answer

Google is trying to protect the pixel watch by downgrading fitbit. To release a "smartwatch" in 2022 without wi-fi, music control, and apps is a bold choice. These features are available on even cheap knockoff fitness bands and are table stakes for wearables. Google owns fitbit if they want to shutter the company they should just do it and stop with disabling fitbit to protect the pixel watch which is a totally different market, but obviously they have a different view about fitbit being a different market. 

Best Answer

Screenshot_20220925_190543.png

 ... fom guide.

Screenshot_20220925_191718.png

... from gallery.fitbit.com

🤷

Best Answer

@moothee This is incorrectly marketed for the Sense 2 then - there is no app store - the main point of this thread.

Best Answer

There is absolutely no third-party app store.  I have returned my Sense 2 yesterday.  Back to the Sense 1.

Best Answer

True... 

Best Answer

What it really feels like is that these are counterfeit versions of the original sense. It's insane.

Best Answer

The user manual States to tap the button to enter the Apps Menu. 

Page 17 explains how to add and remove apps. 

Being a new product, I don't expect to see 3rd party apps yet. I do expect it to come soon. Every other smart watch on the market allows 3rd party apps. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue there can't be any 3rd party app if there is no SDK available. The fact that all other smart watch in the market allows 3rd party apps doesn't imply Fitbit Sense 2 / Versa 4 will.

Also let's clear the confusion: having an app store (Fitbit calls it Gallery) doesn't mean you have 3rd party apps. Even the Fitbit trackers (Charge and Inspire lines) have a Gallery but have only Fitbit apps (you know Agenda, Alarm, Exercise, SpO2.....). Heck, Sense 2 / Versa 4 don't even have Agenda and Music apps...

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

That's the thing, Sense 2 isn't a smartwatch anymore. It's a fitness tracker.

Best Answer