Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are third-party apps available on Sense 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Sense 2 and have no idea how to install apps. Where is the app store? For example, I would like to install the Calendar app.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
207 REPLIES 207

Thanks @t.parker @Nandor  the feature suggestion is even more important now on a Versa 4 or Sense 2.

Once an App is stuck in load, it can't be unstuck and as there is no possibility to change clock faces on the watch, a factory reset may be required because of this simple to fix bug.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

@Guy_ I was about to summon you here to ask whether there was any update fixing that (and Fitbit forgot to mark suggestion as resolved) but you were faster 🙂 You reported the issue over 2 years ago. Lots of time to address it for Fitbit and from what you said it's rather critical than trivial. Rare(?) occurrence but with high severity. I'd like to know what's the thinking process behind it.

- There's a bug, quite serious, should we fix it?

- Well... let's flip the coin

- Tails.  "Under consideration" it is.

🤣

Best Answer

@t.parker - no progress I'm afraid and it is one of the most infuriating problems that people come across and have to deal with 

There is no information as to what is going on, nor how to stop it, and in some cases just can't be stopped.

Even worse if you are installing apps, it may install and then go straight back to install again for no reason which confuses users and support staff.

The reason for that problem (which is not given) is you have too many apps installed.

So the loading and switching is a nightmare for users and worse on the new watches. In fact on my Versa 4 loading anything causes the watch to go into a reboot loop.

Btw. Heads is usually "not currently planned" for things like dark theme or watch rotation for left handed people.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I just checked and Sense 2 has 4 GB of ROM..So that should be enough at least for a Backstreet Boys album 😄 I fight because I want to hear Bon Jovi and Rammstein as well from my Sense 2!! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been testing the garmin very 2S for over a week now and it is better than my sense 1 and smokes the sense 2. The user interface takes some getting used too but it is a great watch and has all the sense 1 features and more

Sent from my iPhone
Robin James Short
Best Answer

@Nandor this is actually interesting what you wrote because it's reason why it's not going to happen. It's not only about memory. Adding such a feature would be probably a task on epic scale. Here's why:

- For offline playback you need to be able to pair BT headset, Sense 2 lost this capability, too.

- There is no Wifi, Fitbit Connect has been discontinued long time ago and the only streaming services are being removed now - how do you upload your own music to the watch? Fitbit would have to either enable the device to be recognized for media transfer (like Garmin does), or enable wifi/USB (Garmin can do it via wifi, too) adding companion software (again, more coding on Fitbit side, more testing.... nah... testing we can skip, better be oblivious to the issues :)). I don't know if you ever used Ionic or other device supporting custom MP3 files but it wasn't quite a walk in the park to upload playlists 🙂

- Fitbit needs a... music player app which doesn't exists either.

There are so many elements to complete in this task that if the music support was to come we'd have it listed as "coming soon" already on a release day (like maps and voice calls). If Fitbit wasn't able to deliver it on launch day then still had to start working on it way before planned release. There are no signs that such thing ever happened.

The only thing that could probably be done is being able to control music on the phone from the watch (that would be the lowest hanging fruit to pick) as all the building blocks are there and only watch app is missing. But I guess, even this would make Sense 2/Versa 4 users slightly happier.

We are nearly half a year into Sense 2 market lifetime (which is pretty much a quarter of its lifespan as new devices of this line seems to be released with a gap of two years, and Charge line in between). Original Sense received last update in October last year (might be that this is the update that prepared it for removing streaming services because it didn't bring anything new). Fitbit releases new features very rarely. With current Sense 2, we have now a complete product. I know that we complain that "features were taken away" but were they? Those feature were never advertised (with exception of apps and some pictures showing apps that never existed for Sense 2/Versa 4 - that was true false advertising).

What I'm trying to say is that in my opinion nothing is going to change for this product. Fitbits don't change a lot when it comes to features over their lifetime. There are minor updates, maybe one or two major features but that's it. See update history of Sense or Versa 3. What we have now it's most likely final 😞

I'm really curious what your plan is after that one month (minus couple of days that passed)... 😁

Best Answer

Thank you for the long explanation t.parker:)

Well yes I came a bit later into the Sense 2 life, but I feel mislead and fully not satisfied with the way of the new Fitbit. Note that in Sense 2 there is a tilted wifi chip as well (which is as I see now removed from Fitbit's webpage), and I'm sure everything is built inside for the same level like before. I do not know the background of the change maybe you know it better 😉 My plan is on way after the last talk with an agent. Again nothing forthcoming and also the mail from "higher" level did not came into my mailbox (maybe they sent it with Royal Mail, which means it can stuck at the "wonderful" Hungarian post system:)). 

Fibit just sell Sense 2 for 199 dollar...Have a look on the webpage. Hmmm what a coincidence 

Even Sense 1 is more expensive (219 dollar).

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

As mentioned before, third-party apps aren't available for the Sense 2 and Versa 4. I appreciate the time taken in sharing your feedback and if you haven't done so, please vote for this idea as this is the best way to get our developers attention. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I'm going to close this thread from further comments. In case you have another question, I'd encourage you to visit our help site or start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community.

Best Answer