Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about features on Sense 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Seeing as my original post was buried in the Google assistant thread, even though its unrelated. I've decided to post it again.

I purchased the Sense 2 for my wife. We were aware that Google assistant would likely be missing (this is not our complaint), and she was ok with that (although I thought differently). 

To our surprise as you can imagine, we were shocked to learn that Google assistant isn't the only downgrade. Let me list the downgrades so that other users can save themselves some time. 

• No Google assistant.
  • No WiFi (means software updates will take forever). 
  • No Fitbit app gallery or access to 3rd party apps (this means no Deezer, Spotify or the likes).
  • No music controls. That's right, there is no ability to even control the music playing on your phone. 
  • No on wrist Bluetooth calling. 
  • No Google wallet or Google apps out of the box (we did know about this before the purchase). 
  • Inability to rearrange exercise shortcuts.
  • No snore detection 

I'm sorry but to me (and my non techie wife) this is an outright downgrade to the Versa 3 my wife was currently using. That's right the Sense 2 is a downgrade even on the Versa 3. Fitbit should be ashamed of themselves, they are acting no differently to a scam artist and will not be getting a dime more out of me.

Good luck and think twice before parting with your money.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the Sense 2 features. I'm sorry for any inconvenience experienced while using your watch, and appreciate the time taken in sharing your feedback. Our team constantly works to improve our devices, and the input from our members is definitely a big part of this process.

To keep the forums on topic, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. In case you have another question, I'd encourage you to visit our help site or start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
192 REPLIES 192

It looks like a deal breaker indeed... Personally I will wait for tests in a week or so (DC Rainmaker, Desfit...) and the Google Event on the 6th of October with the Pixel Watch to see probably clearer in the Google Strategy with Fitbit. Maybe we will have some official communication till then. I still hope that all will be corrected very soon via software update. When we see the evolution of wearables in the last couple of years, such regression cannot be...

Best Answer

Thanks a lot @--Smeagol-- . Please keep the post updated.

Can also a CC member pin  this discussion as it can be very useful for users and potential buyers (not asking to moderators as they look completely absent)?

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

Google is trying to protect the pixel watch by watering down fitbit. They are so obviously 2 different markets this strategy makes no sense. Pixel is an android only smartwatch and the sense/versa are cross platform fitness watches with some smart features. Google doesn't see it this way and I suspect they'll upgrade the software after the pixel watch has been on sale a few months, but by then it will be too late to get back the loyal customers they've ignored. 

Best Answer

Another feature that appears to be missing is the snore detect feature that is part of Fitbit premium. The first night after upgrading to the Sense 2 from the Sense 1 it said I needed to wear the watch more for this feature... Ok so I wore it the next night and now it doesn't even mention snore report with no ability to toggle it on and off... 

I assume this is because Google is working on a snore app for the phone.

Best Answer

Updated your list

• No Google assistant. 
  • No Wifi.
  • No additional apps.
  • No Fitbit app gallery or access to 3rd party apps (this means no Deezer, Spotify or the likes).
  • No music controls. That's right, there is no ability to even control the music playing on your phone. 
  • No on wrist Bluetooth calling. 
  • No Google wallet or Google apps out of the box (we did know about this before the purchase). 
  • Inability to rearrange exercise shortcuts. 
Best Answer

I noticed the snore feature is missing although I am also sure I saw a mention during initial setup. Also all the snore report data that I have logged on my OG Sense is now missing. I hope these features return with software updates soon. Is this because of a switch to Wear OS? 

Best Answer

@slepr The Sense 2 isn't running Wear OS. If it was we could add 1 day battery life to @--Smeagol--'s list.

It seems to be Fitbit OS with a Wear os skinned UI. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Thank you N8teGee. 

Best Answer

@Dopovo it seems as though the thread will update itself, which is why I was so angry that my original thread was merged into a thread that had zero relevance to it.

We have a right to discuss and warn other users of these short comings, so that they don't fall for the same scam. 

Best Answer

There are additional apps. On the app if you go to your Account page, at the bottom just above 'log out' you will see 'Third Party Apps'. When you select that you will see 3 options. The one that gets you to the other available apps is 'Compatible Apps'. The next page says 'All Apps', you have to click 'See More' which then shows what's available. Sadly many apps are no longer compatible. I used the Starbucks app on my OG Sense and although it is on the list when you select it to install it informs you that it is not available (clicking not available tells you that the app is not compatible with your Fitbit device.

Best Answer

You forgot no wi-fi which is a feature I can get on a $35 MI band. 

Best Answer

Ok thanks, I've added WiFi to the initial post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd also go ahead and add the battery life to the list. There is no possible way that this thing lasts 6 days. I've had it on for 2 days now, with all the power saving features turned on, and I'm at 12%. Again, thats WITHOUT screen always on mode, etc.

At what point does this become blatantly false advertisement? 

Best Answer

This is insane as they specifically plug the snore report when they pushed the pre order. I am beyond disappointed and heading straight for ticked off...

Best Answer

It would be nice if Fitbit could advise if these features are coming soon. It seems like it's incomplete. I "upgraded" from the sense and it's got less functions...

Best Answer

@crobbins We've been asking for clarification since the devices have been announced, but as you can see there hasn't been a single post by a Moderator to do so. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I spoke to support and they have no idea what's going on. 

05:58:57     System:      Thanks for waiting. Please provide as many details as you can so we can get you back on track.

05:59:42     Agent: Kevin D.:      Hello, I'm Kevin from Fitbit customer support. I hope you're having a wonderful day, let me know how I may be of help today?

06:00:10     Calvin R.:      Hi Kevin, I received my sense 2 but loads of features are missing. Like https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Sense2/Sense2Missingfeatures/mp/5245523#M628

06:00:18     Calvin R.:      Are they coming soon?

06:00:34     Calvin R.:      At the moment it's a downgrade on my sense

06:00:43     Agent: Kevin D.:      Thanks for all the info shared with us.

06:00:56     Agent: Kevin D.:      Might you please provide me with more details about your query for me to better get it ?

06:01:38     Calvin R.:      No Google assistant.
                             No WiFi (means software updates will take forever). 
                             No Fitbit app gallery or access to 3rd party apps (this means no Deezer, Spotify or the likes).
                             No music controls. That's right, there is no ability to even control the music playing on your phone. 
                             No on wrist Bluetooth calling. 
                             No Google wallet or Google apps out of the box (we did know about this before the purchase). 
                             Inability to rearrange exercise shortcuts.

06:01:54     Calvin R.:      It seems to be incomplete or rushed

06:02:43     Agent: Kevin D.:      I can get it now.

06:03:05     Agent: Kevin D.:      I'll be more than happy to assist you with the features missing issue of your Fitbit Sense 2.

06:03:15     Calvin R.:      Okay

06:04:22     Agent: Kevin D.:      Just to confirm, have you tried to restart it?

06:04:48     Calvin R.:      Yes these are missing feature

06:05:21     Calvin R.:      Everyone is moaning on your forums as the watch is worse than the previous one

06:05:46     Calvin R.:      Rebooting isn't going to enable 3rd party app support is it now

06:06:36     Agent: Kevin D.:      No.

06:06:41     Agent: Kevin D.:      Let's restart it properly now please.

06:06:48     Agent: Kevin D.:      To restart the Fitbit device: Press and hold the button* for 10 seconds until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, and then release the button.

06:08:08     Calvin R.:      Done, it's flashing the logo now

06:08:13     Agent: Kevin D.:      Got it.

06:08:17     Agent: Kevin D.:      Let me know if that works.

06:08:44     Calvin R.:      It's came back on

06:09:16     Agent: Kevin D.:      Got it.

06:09:59     Calvin R.:      Everything is still missing. What would you like me to check? I'm not sure what you expect a restart to do

06:11:02     Agent: Kevin D.:      Well, In that sense, let me ask to my supervisor how to proceed with the next step because is really strange.

06:11:36     Calvin R.:      Tell me about it. I've just spent £270 on an upgrade to get a worse device

06:12:46     Agent: Kevin D.:      Don't worry at all, remember that we always back up our devices.

06:13:24     Calvin R.:      Backup?

06:13:39     Calvin R.:      It's a new device where it feels like you have scammed me

06:13:49     Calvin R.:      Do you understand the issue?

06:14:42     Agent: Kevin D.:      Yes, I'm asking to my sup.

06:14:59     Agent: Kevin D.:      In case the device does not work like you expected, you can return it for refund.

06:16:38     Agent: Kevin D.:      Let me inform you that i will check out the manual of the Fitbit Sense 2.

06:16:42     Agent: Kevin D.:      I will reach you out via email soon.

06:17:01     Calvin R.:      Okay what's the ticket number?

06:18:07     Agent: Kevin D.:      This is your case number 46868451

06:18:13     Agent: Kevin D.:      Thanks for chatting with me today. You will be receiving a customer satisfaction survey after this chat, and we would appreciate you taking the time to tell us how we did.

06:18:18     Agent: Kevin D.:      In that sense, I would like to know if you need any further information? I'll be more than willing to assist you.

06:18:32     Calvin R.:      Nope

06:19:08     Agent: Kevin D.:      That's great.

06:19:09     Agent: Kevin D.:      Thanks for being part of our Fitbit family, we wish you a great rest of the week.

06:19:12     Agent: Kevin D.:      If you need any additional information visit https://www.fitbit.com

06:19:15     System:      The chat is ended.

06:19:15     System:      Kevin D. left the chat.
Best Answer

There is something odd in this story (modification of the functionalities after announcing them, support team lost and noone answering in this forum, regression from the previous Sense 1...)...it does not look like Fitbit or Google...

Official tests like from DCRainmaker should come next week latest with maybe more info on the product, same for the Google event which could announce some changes in the Fitbit area. 

I would not be surprised that a firmware and/or app update pops up till then, or at least clarifications because the current feedback describe an unacceptable situation. On my side I wanted first but finally I am not ordering, waiting to have this clarified.

Best Answer

Interesting article on some of the missing features in the Sense2/Versa4. 

https://gadgetsandwearables.com/2022/09/26/versa-3-fitbit-app-gallery/

Best Answer