Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about features on Sense 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Seeing as my original post was buried in the Google assistant thread, even though its unrelated. I've decided to post it again.

I purchased the Sense 2 for my wife. We were aware that Google assistant would likely be missing (this is not our complaint), and she was ok with that (although I thought differently). 

To our surprise as you can imagine, we were shocked to learn that Google assistant isn't the only downgrade. Let me list the downgrades so that other users can save themselves some time. 

• No Google assistant.
  • No WiFi (means software updates will take forever). 
  • No Fitbit app gallery or access to 3rd party apps (this means no Deezer, Spotify or the likes).
  • No music controls. That's right, there is no ability to even control the music playing on your phone. 
  • No on wrist Bluetooth calling. 
  • No Google wallet or Google apps out of the box (we did know about this before the purchase). 
  • Inability to rearrange exercise shortcuts.
  • No snore detection 

I'm sorry but to me (and my non techie wife) this is an outright downgrade to the Versa 3 my wife was currently using. That's right the Sense 2 is a downgrade even on the Versa 3. Fitbit should be ashamed of themselves, they are acting no differently to a scam artist and will not be getting a dime more out of me.

Good luck and think twice before parting with your money.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
192 REPLIES 192
I have been looking at Garmin for a few years. I hear they are one of the best Fitness watch companies and everyone I know that uses them have no complaints.
Apple Watch seems to be better than it used to be, and at this point has become better than Fitbit, but I still don’t think it’s up to par with Garmin.
I hate to leave Fitbit since I have been a loyal customer for so many years. But they don’t seem to care about loyal customers anymore. One thing is for sure, I will NOT go to a Google watch. You burn me here, you burn me on everything you offer!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I just looked on my account and I have been a Fitbit member for 8 years as well, the original Charge HR being my first one. I miss those days of a good company with great customer service.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I joined February 19th 2014 and was always happy until the sense 2 got released post Google merger and it had been nothing but issues and poor customer service.
I was so hopefully with all the hype with the lead up to the sense 2 release yet have been sadly disappointed

Did you use a utility or option to import all of your historical data? The only downside for me is this with 9 years worth of data and a Fitbit scale as well

Robin James Short
Best Answer

@robinjamesshort you can use tools like FitnessSyncer but mind not everything will be moved (API limitations) and it will take ages.

Best Answer

@robinjamesshort, it's been a while since I did this, but if I remember correctly, it was an export from Fitbit in csv format. I had to do it in small chunks since Fitbit limits the amount of data you can export for a given date range. I did it while watching TV, lol. It makes the process less tedious if you have something to distract you. 

Best Answer

If you use the data export from the web dashboard and select Request Data option you may be able to extract all your data. It can take some time.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Just found one reason that a Garmin may not be for me, the Garmin Connect app does not have a food log, I use this religiously when trying to burn off those Christmas calories, or summer BBQ beer belly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Crankybeaver, although I haven't used it personally, Garmin Connect can connect with My Fitness Pal to track calorie input. However, like you've discovered, it doesn't handle food logging natively like Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I used to use myfitnesspal before Fitbit had integrated food logging, it’s a strong app, I just like everything being from the same universe

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I wonder if food logging will be the next feature to be removed by Fitbit as it definitely it doesn't receive much love since long time.

Having said that I find it quite low level compared to services like Lose It and Lifesum (no, MFP is not as good). The only, not minor, problem is that in order to integrate with Fitbit you need a premium membership of those services (not Fitbit)

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

@Crankybeaver true, Garmin doesn't support food logging (the platform was never weight-control oriented). I use MFP without syncing with Garmin (just standalone). I have my method to update both apps which just works for me. The reason why I didn't use Fitbit food logging before was the very poor barcode database in the UK. It was years ago so something might have changed for the better now but I just got used to using MFP. With Garmin, you have a breakdown for active and resting calories so my method is to manually add to MFP the active calories only as Exercise (I just log one generic cardio daily) and rounded BMR as my minimum. Garmin tells you anyway the projected total for the current day so it's dead easy. I tried to use Garmin + MFP sync but didn't like it and manual logging just works better for me. Also, I have better control over what I decide to log as an exercise in MFP. For example, I don't log steps, weight training or walks because it's too insignificant (and often inflated). But that's just my method. You'll find gear and workflow that will work for you.

Best Answer
I just want a watch where I can download my own music, I tend to not care which specific song is playing as long as it’s my curated list. Not streaming, not sure that exists any more

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the Sense 2 features. I'm sorry for any inconvenience experienced while using your watch, and appreciate the time taken in sharing your feedback. Our team constantly works to improve our devices, and the input from our members is definitely a big part of this process.

To keep the forums on topic, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. In case you have another question, I'd encourage you to visit our help site or start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community.

Best Answer
0 Votes