Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are third-party apps available on Sense 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Sense 2 and have no idea how to install apps. Where is the app store? For example, I would like to install the Calendar app.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
207 REPLIES 207

@gibbyhome There is a Google support threads, although not at Fitbit community, but you can read or post there. 

https://support.google.com/googlepixelwatch/threads?hl=en&max_results=60

Fitbit Ionic 72.1.15 (recalled) and Fitbit Sense 128.6.17
Best Answer

@Killroy-TM haha it probably blocks those numbers because it looks like typical spam about single people looking to date

Best Answer

@Nilex 

In principle you're right that it's not a Fitbit OS device but a Wear Os. However in this forum support for the Fitbit app running on top of the Pixel Watch should be provided and a dedicated section made available. You know, like the Fitbit app on Android device and the Fitbit app on iOS device where Fitbit doesn't manufacture either the Android devices nor the iOS devices.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

I agree with @Nilex here. Google has it's own product forums for its own devices. Fitbit on the Pixel watch is nothing more than an app (albeit one that can't be removed) on the Pixel watch.

I think currently Google have to be careful as to not upset regulators. Perhaps when they have satisfied the agreed time frame, both brands will be merged or at least closer involved. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Thank you Jdsenter

and I miss my Fitbit Ionic !! I see you had one

Mark

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gibbyhome Yes I loved the Ionic, it was the best size, shape, the glass was protected by the frame, it has everything I loved, the Sense was an upgrade in a lot of ways.

But the Google Pixel Watch compares to the features of the Ionic, they match almost everything I loved about the Ionic, but the build quality the glass can easily shatter, crack, or chip. A lot of reviews ask for some thing to put around the glass to protect it.

The original Sense is still an upgrade to the Pixel watch, with temperature, eda, and other features. Maybe they will upgrade next version to compare to the original Sense. Or maybe they will downgrade to compare with the Sense 2?

Fitbit Ionic 72.1.15 (recalled) and Fitbit Sense 128.6.17
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, I love my versa 3, but my biggest issue is I don't want to run with my cell phone, I was able to do that with the ionic and I can't with the versa, but the pixel watch has wear os so I can download Spotify. but again 1 day battery life ? I've been spoiled with Fitbit. and I'm disappointed that google took syncing music to the watch away.

Mark

Best Answer

I sure wish we did not have options for apps for the sense too. I just received mine and I think it's going back into the packaging to return tomorrow. How ridiculous and unprofessional to not allow additional app selection. It's not like this is a new launch, Fitbit has been around a while

Best Answer

Terrible look on the company.

Best Answer

If you would like to like this / support this idea go to https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/3rd-Party-Apps-on-Sense-2-and-Versa-4/idi-p/5248... and vote there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am deaf and I would like to use the App "Soundwatch" because I cannot drive a car, so I ride a bike. The Soundwatch App is a safety app, it warns me of incoming sounds and causes my watch to vibrate to sounds, like cars, alarms, barks, people talking, etc. I need this app desperately on a smart watch and now I am sad because I have a Sense 2 which is a nice watch, but I can't use the "Soundwatch App" on it. 

Best Answer

Hi @IDoNinjaWorkout - unfortunately apps are not available on the Sense 2 or Versa 4 but they are on a Sense which is both cheaper and has features not found on the new watches.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Indeed!!!!😑

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m really disappointed, bc I bought the Sense 2 as a smartwatch not a fitness tracker… I hope you will find a solution and do an update so we also could install third party apps…

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner - The Sense 2 is very unlikely to ever have apps as mention of them was specifically removed from publicity, however If you are unhappy with the watch Fitbit have a 45 day refund policy if bought direct from them or from an authorised shop perhaps, and some stores offer a 14 to 30 day one.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I received an emails from Fitbit and just to add insult to injury Fitbit now does not support feeder or pandora as of march on the Fitbit sense

Sent from my iPhone
Robin James Short
Best Answer
0 Votes

You should clarify on the Sense 2 website as soon as possible that you can't install third-party apps. Ideally, very visibly. It is one of your most expensive devices, so you should be more careful.

Best Answer

Good idea, @festrella. Perhaps fitbit could advertise Sense 2 as the world's most secure smartwatch without any 3rd party app. 😉

Best Answer

This is how seriously you take our suggestions...The last under consideration labeled idea was this. 😞

"Clock face with an endless switching saga, add a stop function

Status: Under Consideration Submitted by ..... on ‎11.16.2020 22:51"
Best Answer

@Nandor it gets even worse that this particular suggestion is actually a bug report that shouldn't be "under consideration" but rather fixed ASAP 🙂

Best Answer