Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are third-party apps available on Sense 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Sense 2 and have no idea how to install apps. Where is the app store? For example, I would like to install the Calendar app.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
207 REPLIES 207

They certainly don't run WearOS, otherwise battery life would be a lot shorter. There are existing thirdparty watchfaces ported (with bugs) from Sense to Sense 2 by Fitbit so it is some version of FitbitOS.

Best Answer

Look I love my Fitbit versa 3 and I loved the ionic as well but all I really want is to download my Spotify songs so I can run without my dam phone, I don't want a google pixel watch nor can I have one since I use an iPhone this is all wrong and not consumer focused 

Mark

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, and for every step tried prior to posting. Let me explain third-party apps aren't available for the Sense 2. I understand how helpful it's to have different apps to keep you connected and focused on your goals, and I'm sorry for this inconvenience.

Our team consonantly works on our products and features based on the feedback shared in the forums. For this reason, I'd recommend supporting this idea posted in the Feature Suggestions board by adding your vote. That way our developers can take it into consideration for future improvements. To learn more about this board, see our FAQs.

By the way, I've moved some of your posts to this thread so we can keep the forums organized. Because this thread is related to our newest Fitbit Sense 2, and I'd encourage you to start a new thread if you have the Sense or a different Fitbit device as this will prevent any confusion.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit This issue also relates to the Versa 4. Also I’m confused you said "let me explain why third-party apps aren’t available".. but then you didn’t give any reasons? How is that helpful exactly

Best Answer

Lmfao what even is this response? You guys have made it clear that feedback doesn’t matter and dipped out a while back. At this point the the best damage control for you guys would just be staying silent, because honestly it’s too late to salvage any part of this failure of a launch. The sense 2 is DOA.

Best Answer

Is this really fitbits response as a company or just the moderators response ?? 
This is a sure fire way to lose customers if this is fitbits response ? I have returned my sense 2 as I was so dissatisfied 

Robin James Short
Best Answer
This does not answer anything

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer

It's only DOA if you actually use third party apps. Some of us don't (I don't use third party faces/clocks either for what it's worth). Not everyone has the same needs in their fitness tracker. 

Best Answer
I only had the charge 4 (before it broke last week), so never saw what third party apps were available. Sounds like there’s some people really liked. Did the Spotify one require premium? The flashlight sounds useful. And definitely one that would control currently playing music on phone. Other than that what else was there that people used?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nilex it is advertised as a smartwatch not fitness tracker. If it's fitness tracker then at this price point it's very overpriced.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit wrote:

Let me explain third-party apps aren't available for the Sense 2. I understand how helpful it's to have different apps to keep you connected and focused on your goals, and I'm sorry for this inconvenience.

Just to clarify: You did not explain anything what-so-ever.

You sell the Sense 2 as:

1. A smart watch (please tell me which other smart watch cannot install apps)

2. Your website still says: "download hundreds of apps" - WHERE ARE THEY?

Best Answer
So you've mentioned about the sense 2 but what about the versa 4 as that's
the same problems. Thousands of people have probably bought these expecting
an upgrade and they're not. Fitbit have taken our money and we can't get
refunded. Its unfair for loyal customers.
Best Answer

Sounds like everyone needs a clarification as to what a "smart watch" actually is.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nilex 

Let me fix that for you:

:Sounds like "Google/Fitbit" needs a clarification as to what a "smart watch" actually is.

Best Answer

I think expectations were NOT managed well with the recent Fitbit launches. I understand why people would be disappointed, but I was being serious, I don't think everyone has the same definition of smartwatch which has just muddied everything even more. As an example, here is one explanation of a smartwatch...

Nilex_0-1665501087990.png

Notice that particular definition never mentions "apps", much less third-party apps. 

I get it, any time features that existed before are removed it results in disappointment and emotional responses but it doesn't necessarily change reality. It just sounds like the latest iteration of these devices simply isn't the solution for some people anymore and something like the Pixel Watch or Galaxy Watch may be better solutions. The great news is there are more options than there used to be. 

Best Answer
Regardless of that, the versa 4 and sense 2 are considered upgrades. If
they're a different type of smartwatch then they should have a different
name completely!
Best Answer

@Nilexthe problem is a lot more complicated. Basically, Fitbit knowing there will be no SDK to develop apps and clockfaces took other developers' work and without asking ported it (often with bugs) to Sense 2 so at least the new watch wouldn't come 'naked' when it comes to the watch faces. The problem is that lots of those watch faces don't work as they should and developers have no way to fix them. But users who encounter issues will go to the Gallery and see the "Contact developer" option and some of them will contact.

As it has been pointed out, Fitbit still promises hundreds of apps for Sense 2:

apps.png

Can't see those hundreds of apps anywhere, can you? 🙂 I guess, apps are also part of Fitbit's definition of a "smartwatch".

Best Answer

I understand, and I'm not trying to minimize anyone's totally legitimate frustration at certain features being removed, but to discount them being an "upgrade" entirely based on those certain features being removed and not considering other features being added is just not a fair statement. I understand that for some people the features that were removed no longer make them a product/device that meets their needs, but to make the blanket statements some people are making is misleading.

As an aside, let's not pretend the "app" support that has been offered in previous Fitbit devices is true "app support". It was a very small number of apps and even they didn't meet everyone's needs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't disagree that the specific screen shot you posted part of their marketing is obviously misleading and needs to be corrected. 

As an aside, let's not pretend the "app" support that has been offered in previous Fitbit devices is true "app support". It was a very small number of apps and even they didn't meet everyone's needs so I totally agree that reference to "hundreds of apps" is not only misleading, but has never really been true. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nilex on June 27 there were (at least) 19234 apps (including watch faces which are the majority, over 12000) for the original Sense. That at least falls into the definition of "hundreds" 🙂

Best Answer