Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are third-party apps available on Sense 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Sense 2 and have no idea how to install apps. Where is the app store? For example, I would like to install the Calendar app.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
207 REPLIES 207

@Nilex if it wasn't Sense 2 but Sense Lite then probably there would be no issue but usually users expect to get improved device if the model number increases. When I was upgrading from Fenix 6 Pro to Fenix 7 my only concern was whether the new features justify the purchase but it never crossed my mind that features present in F6Pro will be removed in F7. With Fitbit it's not that clear. One would expect Sense 2 would be Sense + new stuff but that's not the case. Removing app store (regardless whether it's useful or useless) is a downgrade. I never used thirdparty apps for Sense mostly because there were no apps for me (the SDK is too limited for use cases I am interested) but there are users who did use apps and I understand they find lack of that feature annoying. If Fenix7 lost ability to run apps I would be upset, too. On Fenix series I use Stryd workout apps and data fields, Concept2 rower data fields and app, battery monitoring tool, Komoot, Strava, running metronome and a few more. So despite there was nothing interesting for me on Sense I understand why people are so upset. If now Fenix 8 arrives and there is no apps support that is a deal breaker. It's not about whether Sense 2 is or isn't smartwatch. Right now, it offers a lot less than its predecessor and now developers cannot even try to fill holes like they did for example with Dexcom watchfaces (and yes, watchfaces are just type of apps on Fitbit) which Fitbit failed to deliver after (in)famous announcement long time ago.

Best Answer

@Nilex 

You guessed correct I don't have a Facebook account and can't be arsed with it.

As far as notifications are concerned, I have button and motion set to wake up the screen. On the Versa 2 when a notification arrived the screen woke up and all I had to do was glance at the screen, see the sender and below the swparating line is the message. That is NOT the case with the sense 2. When the notification arrives it DOESN'T wake up the screen I have to make a motion or interact with the watch. That is crappy as often my hand is in a position where I can see the watch face.

Why should I make a deliberate act to wake up the screen, the notification should do that. Only explanation I have is Google futzed with the new OS and found out we need to get extra battery time from somewhere. Why don't we just not show the notifications and force the user to make an interaction.

The Mantra as always: Google doesn't know what their customers want, have no clue about their devices and can't be trusted.

Best Answer

I wasn't trolling you, I respect that as I've never had a FB account either. 🙂

Best Answer
Actually these days it's mostly the older people that use Facebook
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dopovo I wasn't defending fitbit, simply pointing possible reasons. Frankly, at times I feel decisions fitbit makes are very bewildereing. 

We fight hard for a feature then have to fight again when the next model comes out. Fitbits response seems to be, we didn't realize this is a wanted feature. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was so excited to go back from Garmin to Fitbit. I had the first Versa a few years ago, then moved to Garmin, and ever since I was waiting for something really cool from Fitbit. I decided that waiting for 2nd Sense generation will be a good idea. Feature wise it seemed to be awesome, but now when I have it and when I found out, that no apps are available - I am a bit furious. No, I don't need anything fancy, I don't use my watch as navigation or whatever, but MUSIC is crucial. It's a fitness god **ahem** watch after all, and I hate carrying my phone around in the gym, or on a run, or practicing my freestyle dressage run on the horse. You don't want to integrate with Spotify, Pandora or whatever - ok, I am good with that, but then KEEP the on-device storage and ability to upload music. Yes, I am totally angry about this. Fitbit, hear your hecking customers! New products shouldn't be an overpriced downgrade...

Best Answer

Is this going to be available in the future? I mean to install other apps

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don’t hold your breath on this one as “Fitbit” have been very aloof in this forum

Sent from my iPhone
Robin James Short
Best Answer

So I got my versa 4 and looked thru the available watch faces deciding on one. From what I see the third party options just aren’t good.. even the paid ones mostly look poorly designed. The fitbit ones aren’t perfect but at least mostly look clean and pro.

I’m guessing 99.9% of 3rd party apps and faces are worthless. But I would like the music control, fitbit should release that app on their own for the new watches.. it was never a 3rd party thing to begin with (even the Spotify control was made by fitbit).

but some 3rd party apps could be useful too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The 3rd party clockfaces have been taken by Fitbit and ported to the new Sense 2 / Versa 4 without informing the respective authors.

The porting appears to be very bad according to some of the authors that can't now update them because of the lack of SDK. This is actually terrible on behalf of Fitbit as they're ruining their reputation 

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

Bin posting happily but why do I get this error?

Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

The loss of snore detection on the new watches is really lame of fitbit.. would’ve been a very useful feature that apparently is only supported on the old sense and versa 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received my Versa 4 and discovered this the hard way. Also there doesn't appear to be any timeframe for when apps will be supported. Wish I'd known that before buying one!

Best Answer

And why is Google Not letting us Fitbit users talk about the new Fitbit Pixel Watch! The day that the sense 2 and versa 4 were anounced they were on the community page but still not pixel watch WHY?

gibbyhome_0-1666274770234.png

Best Answer

Well, technically it's the Google Pixel Watch (Health by Fitbit) so it's not a Fitbit product, it just contains Fitbit software. The OS and hardware of the Pixel Watch are a Google product not a Fitbit product so from a support perspective I can see why they would probably consider the "help/support" responsibility of the Pixel Watch to be on the Google support forums. 

Best Answer

Omg, its you again, i think you work for google.

they sell it on the Fitbit site as a Fitbit smart watch by google, there is no reason other than control. just like they are doing to the sense 2 and versa 4

Best Answer

I most definitely don't work for Google, or Fitbit, I just try to be objective. 

On the Fitbit site they sell it as the Google Pixel Watch, no different than how Google on the Google Store sells the Fitbit devices (i.e. Fitbit Charge 5, etc.), but you won't find support forums for those Fibit devices on the Google forums, because they are devices designed by Fitbit. The fact they promote/market each others devices on each others stores makes sense when you consider Google owns Fitbit. 

With the Pixel Watch the Fitbit software is one piece of the overall device. With Fitbit devices the Fitbit software IS the device. 

Best Answer

this is the only logical reason for not having apps on the brand new phone it was running the FitbitOS

Best Answer

I'm sorry but I disagree, and I would think most of the people on this form would as well, the watch was built on Fitbit technology, the Past owner of Fitbit introduced the watch. it's part of the Fitbit family. it uses the Fitbit app. what more can I say. it's a Fitbit, they advertise it as built on Fitbit.

I get being objective nothing wrong with that, but this is just negative on everyone's opinion not objective.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We can agree to disagree. It's not a Fitbit, it's a Wear OS watch that uses Fitbit software (actually, I would go so far as to say that maybe they even ripped the hardware sensor strip from the Charge 5, so let's call it Fitbit technology). It's more nuanced than just saying it's a Fitbit. The OS it runs isn't Fitbit OS, it's Wear OS. You don't manage the device using the Fitbit app, you manage it using the Pixel Watch app. Sure, it has Fitbit software more tightly integrated but that's only for the health tracking. The device is being marketed as way more than just health tracking. 

I understand where you are coming from, I'm just trying to be more objective. 

Best Answer
0 Votes