Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Pause not available for cycling on Sense 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Auto pause for cycling should be selected by choosing on watch: exercise - cycling - scroll down and select auto pause yes. This option is not visible on my Sense 2 watch. Is this a software bug or should it be done differently? PS it does work for running (just not for cycling).

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

There is an Auto-Stop option and it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The auto stop option works, yet, I need auto pause which is something different and is not working for cycling.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Diederick oh, true. I blindly assumed it is just renamed auto pause but indeed it's different. Well, looks like there is no auto pause then 🙄yet another feature which exists in Sense and has been removed in Sense 2.

Best Answer

If the functionality will not be restored then the watch is really worthless for cyclists and better to buy another smart watch that does...Would be a big mistake and very dissapointing!

Best Answer

@Diederick there is a lot more features that makes Sense 2 (and not only) very limited for cycling. Auto-pause isn't even on my list. I would rather be able to connect to my speed/cadence sensors and power meter. Also, because HR captured during cycling is horrible I would need it to connect to external HR. That would make possible to attach watch to handlebars. Not sure what use the watch has if you can't see your metrics easy when cycling. Fitbit is nothing more but simple recorder.

Best Answer

@Diederick Welcome to the Community. @t.parker Thanks for stopping by to help our member.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, as well as your efforts. Just to confirm, do you refer to the Auto Pause function that allows your tracker to pause your activities automatically when you stop moving, and resumes it once you start your exercise again? If that's correct, let me clarify the Auto Pause function should be available on the Sense 2 when selecting Run or Bike in the Exercise app.

I understand this isn't your case and to investigate, may I know if you see this function for Run? Have you tried restarting your watch? If possible, take a picture of the options displayed when selecting Bike and attach it to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit I suggest take one Sense 2 (I'm sure you must have access to one), open Exercise app, go to Bike, open settings and scroll down the options. You will be surprised. But since Fitbit doesn't seem to let emplyees to use the watches, here:

pixlr_20221114184150456.jpg

There is auto-stop which isn't the same as auto-pause. Run exercise has auto-pause but doesn't have auto-stop. Please, don't spread misinformation and check before you respond.

Best Answer

Indeed it just is not there. It does work for running but not for cycling. Also other people I know experience exactly the same issue. Yes I did do a reset a few times and stil not working. It seems to be a software bug, I hope and trust this will be repaired soon.

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing this. Auto pause is definitely not equal to auto stop and this option should definitely not have been omitted for cycling. Fitbit needs to fix this for the next software release as it was available on my old Versa 2.

Best Answer

Hi there, @t.parker@Diederick and @gerbir21.

Thanks for getting back with more details and the pictures provided. Let me explain that for the Sense 2 the Auto-Pause function was changed of name to Auto-Stop; however, it'll work the same. This means that your watch will vibrate when you're still to indicate that activity tracking is paused and if no activity is detected for 10 consecutive minutes, your watch will ask you if you want to end the exercise. The Auto-Stop function is available for Run, Bike and Walk, and this information will be updated soon in this help article.

I'm sorry for the confusion this caused and appreciate your feedback. Our team continues working to improve our devices as well as their features, and the input we receive from our members helps us to make that happen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry this is FALSE, I have been having the same issue & have been incontact with a member of the TEAM the Auto-Stop doesn't pause the ride exersice it keeps running. Today on my ride I had to pause at the Traffic Lights & it did not pause but kept running. Your Team instructed me yesterday to reset to Factory settings to fix this but it didn't, I purchased the Sense2 on the 8/12/2022 & the version is 60.20001.184.52.

I'm thinking that your latest update lost this feature in the progaming of the update.

Best Answer

Hi Lizzy, thank you for your efforts. The autostop is not doing the job. Also considering that cyclists tend to ride for several hours therefor a coffee break typically lasts for more then 10 minutes and we do not want the ride to autostop during this break and stop recording. The run exercise has both options auto pauze and auto stop. We need this for rides too.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit apparently, you didn't follow my advice so how would you know that you're wrong... The bar of my expectations of Fitbit is hanging so low it's almost touching the floor and yet I keep getting hit with new proof of incompetency. Please, explain to me then why the Run exercise has both options (Auto-Pause and Auto-Stop)? @Diederick is right, the option doesn't work the way you described and he made a very good point about the coffee break during the ride.

Best Answer

You’re spot on. Same here. Let’s hope Fitbit solves it quickly. 

Best Answer

Hi Lizzy,

Auto stop and auto pause are different features. On previous Fitbit devices, the auto pauze worked well for bike rides. But for no reason auto pause is gone on the sense 2. If Fitbit understands bikers they should know the auto pause feature it very important, especially for bikers. I recommend Fitbit to make auto pause available again for bikers using sense 2. Should be easy as the sense 1 had it and it works for runners (like me) on the sense 2.

Best Answer

The auto pause is also not available in walking. Only in running. Its a bummer…

Best Answer

Hi Lizzy, Fitbit,

The customers feedback in this conversation clearly aks for the repair of auto-pause functionality. Can you please confirm if this clumsy omission will be repaired? If the auto-pause will not be restored for cyclist then the Sense 2 watch is useless for cyclists and Fitbit clearly demonstrates it does not understand its cycling customers. I have several exercise recordings in which my 3 hours ride was aborted at the midpoint coffee stop: I repeat auto-stop does not do the job. 

Best Answer

I'm having lunch break, went for a ride and popped into a coffee shop for a coffe. I paused the activity manually but forgot to turn Auto-Stop off (auto-stop doesn't pause anything!). Now, buzz on my wrist, activity ended 🤦‍:male_sign:. Not even asking whether I want to stop tracking. @LizzyFitbit are you still going to defend obvious design error? Apparently, you don't cycle. Maybe nobody in Fitbit does because somebody would have noticed the issue here. Auto-stop would be great if it allowed to resume tracking (like Garmin watches do, you go back to regular clock face and to continue just open exercise again, then you can terminate or resume - ideal!). That would disconnect GPS and save battery (and could be used as auto-pause). Instead, it's rather useless feature. Anything that changes the state of recording (start, stop) should come up with "are you sure" question and do nothing when there's lack of user response (just give short buzz every few seconds to gain user's attention but don't stop recording just like that!). If watch can ask whether you want to start tracking why can't it ask whether you want to finish? 🙄

Best Answer

@t.parker 110% design error. How this passed quality control/testing boggles the mind.

@LizzyFitbit the inaction on these simple requests and missing apps (spotify/deezer) will drive loyal fitbit users to other platforms. Forget about the Pixel Watch 2, Sense x or Versa x. Users will just leave. Pls help to get this corrected.

Best Answer