Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Pause not available for cycling on Sense 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Auto pause for cycling should be selected by choosing on watch: exercise - cycling - scroll down and select auto pause yes. This option is not visible on my Sense 2 watch. Is this a software bug or should it be done differently? PS it does work for running (just not for cycling).

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

@gerbir21 well... I still can glue multiple TCX files. The lack of auto-pause is one of issues. Another is HR which makes Sense 2 even less useful for cycling:

tparker_0-1672765938720.png

Orange - Sense 2, Blue - Edge 1030+ with PolarH10 strap (it's that ride I mentioned, had to glue two TCX files together).

I don't know whether this watch can get any worse 🙄

Best Answer

Hi there,

I recently bought a Sense 2 to replace my Ionic which was recalled and am furious to find that the cycling auto pause has been removed. I’m reading this thread from November and wondering if anything is going to be done to correct this. I’ve also been in contact with support about this as without this feature the watch is essentially useless to me. 
So do Fitbit plan to correct this on the Sense 2 or not? 

Best Answer

Hi

Welcome to the frustration, I logged this through their contact here in Australia & they got me to send it back to them to fix, they seemed to be in denial about it they believed it must have been faulty after I tried ALL of the options they suggested,  reboot etc.

They returned it to me last week & ZERO has changed.

You can only physically pause it, still doesn't auto-pause, so end result no change. 

I guess they don't realise riders that use Fitbit need the auto-pause for time they are stop at lights, waiting for cars etc to pass etc.

I am seriously thinking of doing 1 of 2 things, either get my original Sense repaired (I damaged the screen, it auto-paused) or go & get another brand other than Fitbit, I have been using Fitbits for over 8 years & up to now had been reasonably satisfied.

John 

Best Answer

LizzyFitbit,

Sorry but what you are saying is FALSE, I have raised this issue with FitBit Support (See my posts) also here is a reply I have posted zto 1 of the comments (Hi, Welcome to the frustration, I logged this through their contact here in Australia & they got me to send it back to them to fix, they seemed to be in denial about it they believed it must have been faulty after I tried ALL of the options they suggested,  reboot etc.

They returned it to me last week & ZERO has changed.

You can only physically pause it, still doesn't auto-pause, so end result no change. 

I guess they don't realise riders that use Fitbit need the auto-pause for time they are stop at lights, waiting for cars etc to pass etc.

I am seriously thinking of doing 1 of 2 things, either get my original Sense repaired (I damaged the screen, it auto-paused) or go & get another brand other than Fitbit, I have been using Fitbits for over 8 years & up to now had been reasonably satisfied.

John ).

Obviously FitBit are not across this issue with in FitBit Sense 2 and as supporter & regular user of FitBit this is very disappointing & is leaning me to consider moving away from FitBit all together if this doesn't get solved.

Frustrated User,

John

Best Answer

Hi John,

I can't believe even after you sent it in, they sent it back unchanged! That leaves me with little faith they are going to correct this oversight.

I am also really surprised at how Fitbit support seem to not understand what the function is and why it's so important.... which again leaves little faith that they will release an update to fix this- despite the fact I've seen loads of posts like this complaining about this and asking for it to be fixed and they go back months! Surely they can see this needs fixing... my mind boggles...
So, I am in the process of organising a refund of the watch and planning to replace it with the Versa 3 which apparently has the function, if Fitbit honour the 40% Ionic recall discount again for me which I used on the Sense 2- assuming it would replace the Ionic they recalled.

Jen

Best Answer

Thanks 4 the info on Strava but I don't use it, I have Mapmyride & Samsung Health which also record whilst I do the ride, have always used Mapmyride 4 years it has all my rides in the past. I brought the Sense 2 2 replace my Sense, which I damage the face of, thinking it would B a better upgraded version, boy was that a mistake.

My orginal Sense was a replacement for the Ionic, which I choose when they did the recall, was happy with it.

I have tried on a number of times to get this seen to to get it rectified but todate nothing, I have messaged to LissyFitbit on here but zero action, so much 4 customer service of late.

Cheers & best of luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jkhunter not a chance to have a fix if there is no issue (at least, according to Fitbit).

Best Answer

Turns out my idea didn't work anyway! Cycling was too fast to be recorded as a run and whilst my little test cycle was fine, when I did a proper cycle at speed my GPS kept cutting out and measured a 40k cycle as 24k, logging my average speed as 14kph instead of more like 26kph. 
So I have sent the Sense 2 back for a refund as it is useless for me as a cyclist. I'll edit my previous comment to remove the Strava workaround and make sure to leave customer reviews that warm cyclists against getting the Sense 2 as it's such a lot of money for a watch that can't record your cycle properly... All the best with your own Fitbit- I hope you can get it sorted!

Best Answer

It seems that you have no intention of fixing this issue. I've had so many rides ruined by lack of this feature.

Thanks for putting the nail in the coffin. I will look for other brands and stop using Fitbit.

Best Answer