Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense 2 keeps restarting forever

I contacted support yesterday about this issue, and sent a follow-up email after they offered me a 'sorry but there's nothing we can do, here's a (ridiculous) 35% discount so you can get a new device'.

My fitbit is 15 months old. I don't use it for anything crazy other than tracking daily workout activity (I don't go swimming with it, deep diving, nothing!).

And as of Sunday April 21 it died. Battery was low, I left it to charge overnight until early afternoon Monday April 22nd. Grabbed it and it worked 'ok' for about 3 hours, then it literally gave me the 'low battery' warning again, and it just died... I followed the support instructions to give it a factory reset and left it charging for 30 minutes. Contacted them again (as I was told to do so if the issue persisted). It just will not work. I contacted the chat support and they said it's out of warranty and offered the ridiculous discount. I don't want to buy a new one, I want to fix this one! Now I left it to charge overnight again, and it just keeps restarting. I try to press anything, it keeps going to the fitbit logo screen in a forever loop, OR sometimes it will give me the big red X.

I want a new solution, and not just some silly discount (which also doesn't help, I don't have $200 laying around to just go get myself a new device lol).

added this edit: meanwhile, my premium subscription is still active, do I get a discount because the device hasn't been working as it should in the past day and today? I think Fitbit can do better, really hoping for a proper response!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @exonaelexa

Unfortunately these are predominantly a user to user help forum. Whilst we can offer tips and suggestions, we don't have the ability to assist in replacing devices etc.

I will flag your post for the attention of a Moderator, but it is likely that you will be referred back to customer support. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

thank you @N8teGee . I am aware this is a user help forum, however if I don't express the comment publicly I don't think anything else is going to be done. It's now been 4 days since the issue started. I have tried every single tip in this forum, and I got stuck in this because of the reboot I did following their very own customer support chat. Their support person even had the audacity to say that 'this was normal' and if I was seeing the big red X it meant my factory reset was successful..... like.... just how can you tell a customer that? Are those disposable devices now? If so, it should come with a warning that they will only last for so long lol Very very very frustrated, especially with the lack of response since I emailed their customer support too. It also seems that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue, I checked the forum and there are more people saying that it probably means the device is faulty and that Fitbit will just not admit to it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @exonaelexa. I'm sorry to hear about your Sense 2 and thank you for sharing your experience. 

As @N8teGee mentioned, this is a user to user help forum. Our Customer Support team provides with the final resolution about the cases. If you have more questions regarding your case, please contact them back. You can also check the Fitbit Limited Warranty. 

Thank you for your comment and the heads up @N8teGee.

Best Answer
0 Votes