Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How accurate is the heart rate variation on the Sense 2?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How serious should I take my hrv and how long should I give it? Mine said 9ms two nights ago and 8ms last night. I am absolutely stressed but also having a lot of heart issues right now. From what I can tell…my hrv is very concerning but I’m wondering about accuracy 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Tbm1234.

No one here is qualified to give you medical advice. If this is a concern to you it's best to contact your Doctor or a medical professional. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@Tbm1234 I often get HRVs in the mid teens, but I am 73 years old, recently diagnosed with a heart problem, and lately sedentary due to a foot problem.  While I don't trust Fitbit to give me accurate data on much of anything, I use what it gives me experimentally to see what improves my numbers.  Stress reduction and getting out of the house more help me.  When I am able to exercise, that may temporarily lower my HRV, but then after I get some rest, it increases  my HRV.  I suspect everyone is a bit different, but I would definitely bring concerns to a physician.  I would not trust Fitbit to tell me if my heart was healthy.  I wouldn't trust my health to a sensor that maybe sometimes works sort of.  

Best Answer