Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to take an ECG reading with Sense 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I believe there is continuous ecg monitoring is that correct? But how do I do a manual ECG scan? When I select the app on the watch "ECG" it says "Can't find phone" at the top, and to open the Discover tab on the phone. Why can't it find my phone? It's able to sync correctly and the "find my phone" app works fine

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ronald, I managed to sort this out! I tried holding down the side button to do a hard reset, and for some reason it fixed it! Strange it worked with that but not a factory reset? Anyway, all is well now. Thanks for your time

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hi@sbzero, I'm not sure what the issue is here but to start I think this topic can be helpful What is the Fitbit ECG app?

IIt covers how it works, installing the app (if needed). 

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer

Hi Ronald, thanks. I believe this was already installed by default according to the app. If I press the left button the ECG app will come up as an option, however it will say "Can't find phone" once pressed. Not sure what's with that.

Best Answer

I'm curious what you see when you follow these steps (copied from the manual):

1. With your Fitbit device nearby, from the Today tab in the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture then your device image. 

2. Tap Gallery then Apps tab.

3. In the list of apps, tap ECG

If you click on the app you will see an option named Settings or Permissions. Check if all options are set to yes.

Otherwise I would suggest to uninstall the ECG app, restart the Sense 2 and do a fresh install. 

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer
0 Votes

Something interesting here. Under "Apps" ECG is not listed, however on the "Sense 2" page it is listed under "My Apps". When I click it there's only an "Uninstall" option. When I push it, it says "Unable to install". Another thing too is that that page says my battery is full even though it's not. This is after a full sync.

Best Answer

Hey @sbzero thanks for trying this and sharing your findings. I must say that I'm only left with removing the Fitbit app from your phone, and go for a 'factory reset' on the Sense 2 to do a fresh setup. 

I really hope someone else pops in with a less drastic solution 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Ronald.

Before I go ahead with this could I just please confirm, you are also running a Sense 2 on the latest firmware update, and are able to manually launch the ECG app from within the watch fine?

Best Answer

Yes for me it all works well. I have checked for the versions I'm using now:

Sense 2 firmware: 60.20001.184.52
Fitbit app version: 3.71
ECG app version: 1.184.52 (Nov. 1)

Hope this helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ronald,

I completely uninstall the Fitbit app on my phone, and also did a factory reset on the watch. Strangely enough after setting everything up again, it remembered my Watch Face, which wasn't the default one?

Also the same problem again, the ECG app doesn't appear under "Apps" but only under the "My Apps" section (where it says it's installed). Again when attempting to launch the app on the phone, things seem to be going fine until the same "Can't find phone" message appears.

I'm curious about something else: On the Fitbit phone app it displays the battery correctly, but when clicking my profile and "Sense 2", it always says "Battery Full" even though its at 75%. This is after a successful sync as well. Are you also running into this issue, or does it display the correct battery when you push "Sense 2" on the profile?

Thanks for your time

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @sbzero, weird something this drastic didn't work out. My battery stats are the same on the app home screen as on my device, but now you mention it the device tap in my Android app does also state 'full'.

So this is the same at both sides. 

It would be great if @LizzyFitbit would be able to help us. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ronald, I managed to sort this out! I tried holding down the side button to do a hard reset, and for some reason it fixed it! Strange it worked with that but not a factory reset? Anyway, all is well now. Thanks for your time

Best Answer

Great to hear this! Just a basic reset did the trick? Wonderful, I'll keep this in mind next time I'm troubleshooting with someone ('did you turn it off and on again' 😉). 

Best Answer

Hi there, @sbzero@RonaldM Thanks for your amazing help!

@sbzero That's great news! Thanks for the details and the time taken while troubleshooting your Sense 2. I'm glad you sorted this out and I'll mark your post as the Best Answer to help other members experiencing similar issues.

In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your stories, make new friends and start your own topics. Happy stepping!

Best Answer

I can't find the original conversation I was viewing but, hopefully, this info may help others having trouble doing a manual ECG reading on the Sense 2. After my 1st attempt was unsuccessful, I searched everywhere for troubleshooting advice. I rebooted my phone & my Sense 2, unpaired it, deleted it from the Fitbit app, added it again. My next attempt in placing my fingers on the designated corners resulted in no progress. I decided to try lifting those corners of my screen protector (which I had immediately applied upon unboxing my new device), placed my fingers again on those corners & the reading progressed perfectly. I would never have guessed that a film that thin could prevent the device from sensing my fingertip placement. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the community, @PACUnurseSuz.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing the steps that worked for you. That's a great tip and I'm sure your post will be of great help for other members!

By the way, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends and start your own topics. Have a nice weekend ahead.

Best Answer
0 Votes