Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve Notification Animation responsiveness and Long Press Shortcut activation on Sense 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey Fitbit community! After using the Fitbit Sense 2 for 5 months, I have to admit, I'm quite disappointed with the notification animation. It's sluggish, unnecessary, and significantly impacts the user experience. Let's discuss the frustrating issues surrounding this notification animation and how it leads to missed opportunities for long press shortcuts, particularly when it comes to paying for transit.

1. Sluggish notification animation: The Fitbit Sense 2's notification animation is frustratingly slow, resulting in unnecessary delays when receiving notifications. Rather than displaying them promptly, the device insists on an extended animation that hampers efficiency. This sluggishness disrupts the flow of accessing incoming notifications quickly, which is crucial in our fast-paced lives.
  2. Impaired long press shortcuts: The Fitbit Sense 2 offers the convenience of setting long press shortcuts, which should enhance usability. However, the constant flow of notifications, combined with the slow animation, significantly impacts these shortcuts. As an example, when it comes to paying for transit, I've set my long press shortcut to access Google Wallet. Yet, due to the incessant notifications and sluggish animation, it becomes extremely challenging to activate the shortcut swiftly. This results in missed opportunities to conveniently pay for transit and adds unnecessary frustration to our daily routines.

As users, we expect a seamless and efficient experience from smart devices like the Fitbit Sense 2. It's crucial for the device to align with our needs and preferences. Therefore, I urge the Fitbit development team to urgently address these concerns regarding the sluggish notification animation and its detrimental impact on long press shortcuts, especially during critical moments such as paying for transit.

Potential solutions to consider include:

1. Improving the speed of the notification animation: Fitbit should optimize the animation to ensure it is faster and more responsive. By reducing the unnecessary delays, users can access their notifications more quickly and efficiently.
  2. Customizable animation settings: Providing users with the ability to adjust the animation speed or disable it altogether would be highly beneficial. This would allow users to personalize their device according to their preferences and desired level of efficiency.
  3. Optimizing the long press shortcut functionality: Fitbit should ensure that long press shortcuts remain accessible and usable, even in the presence of a constant flow of notifications. This could involve refining the activation method or implementing alternative ways to access shortcuts.

By implementing these improvements, Fitbit can significantly enhance the user experience of the Fitbit Sense 2. It's important to address these issues promptly, as missed opportunities for long press shortcuts can have a real impact on our daily lives, especially when it comes to convenience and time-sensitive activities like paying for transit.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Oven3030.

I would recommend posting this over on the Product feedback board. This is the correct channel that is monitored by the Fitbit product developers. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Oven3030.

I would recommend posting this over on the Product feedback board. This is the correct channel that is monitored by the Fitbit product developers. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes